Sunday, July 30, 2017

Sunday Selections

Joining with River and others to share odd photos that have not been published.
To Station Pier for coffee and cake, pronto.


I've photographed this lighthouse a few times but this is the best shot yet.


How could I have never turned around and noticed another, inland and between highrise apartment blocks. Clearly they need to be lined up when navigating. It has been electronicalised, with a blue flashing light.


The Spirit of Tasmania is being readied for its daily overnight trip to Tasmania.


On the way into town an impromptu promotional operatic performance began on the tram.



Someone has noticed Camera Face snapping. Why worry about me with a camera when others were taking photos with their phones. Are phone photos less invasive?


It was great fun and they received a good round of applause. A pity that they were on such a crowded tram and unluckily had one of the roughest tram drivers ever.  Like true troupers, the show went on.


Err, dunno about this sculpture in Fitzroy Street, St Kilda. It could look like........never mind.


Fake is the word of the year.


It was the former State Savings Bank of Victoria and then a bar called The Saint, now St Hotel.



The newspaper marker is back where I often have coffee.




A nice winter display outside Melbourne Town Hall.


This is not quite fully baked yet.


16 comments:

  1. Those are some excellent pics, the waterfront looks especially nice. I'm a sucker for lighthouses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, yes it's a very nice area to visit.

      Delete
  2. Love those lighthouses. And the opera diva (though I am glad I couldn't hear her - not an opera fan).
    And the plants. Sigh on the fake front.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of fakes EC, I believe the US has a fake president.

      Delete
  3. Great series of photos this Sunday. Like the lighthouses especially the inland one. Opera on the tram. Well I never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, while not quite Covent Garden standard, it was enjoyable. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I agree re the Fitzroy St. sculpture...(warts turn up in the most unlikely places, too, it appears)! :)

    What a fun tram ride. It sure beats long faces and grumpiness!

    I hope the week ahead is a great one for you, Andrew. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Lee! Yes, it is not unusual for something impromptu like that to happen on a tram. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. To Station Pier for The Spirit of Tasmania, or just for coffee, cake and sea views, is my idea of winter heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, all you need is a little sun and a lack of wind and it is lovely.

      Delete
  6. Lovely selection this week Andrew, I like the twin lighthouses. Coffee and cake sounds great right about now, but I should probably eat lunch first, seeing as I skipped breakfast too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks River. Not even a slice of cold pizza for breakfast. I had cereal. Well honey joys are made from corn flakes.

      Delete
  7. The first photo is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Gosia. Every time I take a photo that has a palm tree in it, I think of you.

      Delete
  8. That's a good question about why would a camera seem more intrusive than a phone? I'm not much for opera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be, Strayer. I am not sure why.

      Delete