Thursday, February 19, 2015

Tosh

Not much to say today. This was meant to be a much larger post but I can no longer be bothered. I can't even remember what Marcus posted that I was supposed to add here. He does find a lot of nonsense and tosh in public transport areas.

Now the Victoria Line, which has 213 million customers, can see faults in real-time remotely, and can assist engineers as well as deploy fixes from control rooms. The line’s improved signalling system allows it to send 33 to 34 trains past London’s platforms an hour, almost one a minute.

Not by my clock, that would be one just short of every two minutes. What horrible writing too.

I am obliged to Marcus Wong for this one.

???

Sports commentator discussing the Tour de France: 'People say the French are rude and arrogant, but that is just how they are'. He did not mean what he said, I am sure.

12 comments:

  1. Andrew, I love sport but I don't have much time to watch it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goisa, I don't have time to watch sport, but unlike you, nor do I want to.

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem when coming up with new blog posts - I think I've saved a link, only to come up blank when I go to find it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcus, we really need to add a few more words to remind us. What seems inspired when we think of it, is often not so interesting.

      Delete
    2. Adding a picture might help inspire the memory.

      Delete
    3. Quite so River, but these are often very written word things. I will keep that in mind.

      Delete
  3. that's a lot of trains! Do people actually have time to get on and off? I wonder how many trains go through Adelaide in an hour? and no, I'm not going to check because a half hour from now I won't care anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, yours would be nothing like every two minutes. It does require sophisticated signalling to run trains so closely together because of the the stopping time of a train.

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I cant think of anything interesting that others might like to read...I'm calling it writers block...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA, it is never that for me. It is time to write.

      Delete
  5. Talking about train services, we were weren't we :) Did you hear how our train and bus service was pushed way over the limit last weekend when we were visited by the Giants.. The lines coming out of every station north and south of the river were astounding.. By Sunday, the final day, TransPerth had every carriage and bus on the line to try and cope. Has never happened before, quite extraordinary.. On the whole Perthites and the many interstate and overseas visitors behaved very well.. TransPerth meanwhile is sighing with relief that all is back to normal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I did not really hear that, but it sounds like well done Perth public transport for advance planning.

      Delete