Wednesday, January 21, 2015

An observation

He was about 190 cm tall, ok over 6', of a dark but not too dark exotic appearance. His hair was perfectly coiffed in a modern style, long on top and very short at the sides. Although he was probably naturally hairy, his face looked as smooth as a baby's bottom. His eyes were smouldering and dark. His face was longish and angular with sharp cheekbones and I doubt anyone would not describe him as very handsome.

He was wearing a perfectly pressed narrow and tight very dark blue suit of the absolute latest style, with a crisp white shirt. He moved in a masculine manner, but not overtly so. If you think hot Latin/Spanish as Madonna would like, you might not be far wrong.  And then I looked lower, to his shoes and I could not believe how such a perfectly presented person could be wearing such dirty shoes. Yes, they were nice shoes, pointy toed to the point where people who wear such shoes must change their gait a little, but when I say they are dirty, they were filthy. I expected to look down and see highly polished and gleaming shoes, and they were not.

Call me shallow if you must, (if you say delusional, screw you) but based on his filthy shoes, I decided not to offer him my virginity and life long commitment. R with his clean shoes will just have to do.

Where is R btw? I had to serve my own dinner, lasagne in the oven and salad in the fridge. Ah, he is with Bone Doctor and Little Jo seeing a Horrible Histories production. Sister is at the cricket.

26 comments:

  1. Hello Andrew,

    We always associate pointy toed shoes with Estate Agents and, as we all know, they are definitely not to be trusted. Just as well you did not venture anything further than ogling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And JayLa, you must know a bit about real estate agents now with your transactions. R once said to me, a cat can look at a queen. One of his old English sayings, but I took it on board.

      Delete
  2. People do forget to complete the look by having dirty shoes. What a shame, your description is interesting. I personally always clean my shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA, good to know your Dr Scholl sandals are clean.

      Delete
  3. Nicely written and observed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly excite you John? I might go to bed and dream of giving him a spanking for his dirty shoes.

      Delete
  4. That man will never know what he missed because of those filthy shoes Andrew.. I'm glad, R is so much nicer I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, to put it frankly, I was someone who was seriously good at the biz, well was when I cared to do it. R? I don't know what his thing is now.

      Delete
  5. What was he thinking... And what he missed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The appearance is the most important never mind shoes..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, I think the dirty shoes just subtract so much from the rest.

      Delete
  7. Dirty shoes just no good if you don't clean them wear thongs or none at all.
    Merle..............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle, the way he was dressed, it would have been very funny to see him in thongs.

      Delete
  8. One of my mother's golden rule - think about those walking behind you. Check your hems and your shoes, especially the heels and soles
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise words Cathy. In my mother's case, make sure you haven't put dress on inside out, tucked the back of it into something or many of the things she does.

      Delete
  9. Cleaned and shined shoes are absolutely imperative with a nice suit, or even with anything else. There is no reason sneakers cannot be clean.
    @Cathy, yes, the heels and soles are just as important. I walked behind a young man recently who was very well turned out, with job application in hand (I could see the lettering), and his very worn down heels downgraded the whole look. I like to think that he got the job and bought new shoes with his first pay cheque.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, yes worn down heels don't look great, but some people have slightly odd walks, and so wear their heels in one place very quickly. Do you remember the white sand shoes we wore for sports at school. We used to have to paint them with white stuff, but my stepmother used to throw them into the washing machine.

      Delete
  10. Being a senior citizen I no longer wear shoes of the leather variety requiring polishing. They still have shoelaces in them however. I'm not at the velcro fastening stage yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, I vow before visiting an Asian country again that I will have velcro shoes. The shoes off/on everytime you go somewhere is tiresome.

      Delete
  11. Oh, I think I would have forgiven the dirty shoes. Although, before jumping into bed with him, I probably would have asked what happened to the shoes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchell, I would have happily cleaned them for him.

      Delete
  12. Shoe cleaning is a lost art these days ... although there's an on-the-spot shoeshine booth set up in one of Adelaide's arcades that does a roaring trade. Great for when the maid is having the day off, I guess!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen it lately Red, but there was shoe cleaning person in Melbourne too. He was black and I would never feel comfortable asking a black boy to clean my shoes.

      Delete
  13. ooh nothing worse than scruffy shoes. I always notice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, only troubled me because he was otherwise so perfectly groomed.

      Delete