Thursday, October 23, 2014

I had my fingers crossed

I had my fingers crossed and she came through. Maybe I am unkind in suggesting that it has taken our friend Pants nearly two days to write about Gough, but you will surely agree it is a fine and polished piece of writing and worth the wait. I was going to email our ex Liberal Party politician friend, who is at the moment in Malaysia, if he was returning to Oz for Comrade Gough's funeral, expecting a terse and cutting reply. He beat me to it with an email to say he is pleased he is not here to listen to hear the hypocrisy.

4 comments:

  1. I've read Pants's piece and agree with what she said, we needed more than on Gough. He did so much good and set us on the right path. So why was he removed? What were 'they' so afraid of that he had to be fired. I didn't take much notice back then, the early seventies were when I got married and had several babies, so my world was more insular than usual, but even I could see that Gough was doing good things for our country. Our country which had the potential to be so great as Pants said. Those were the days when Australians liked and trusted their politicians. The pollies we have now are a laughable joke by comparison. none is strong enough and has enough vision to drag us, kicking and screaming, into the place we should have been by now.
    Pants has no comment button for me to leave a comment there, so I hope she reads this and accepts my compliment on her words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I love your comment, speaking of the personal. I don't think you have run out of anything to say on your blog. No, Pants only does email and she is very nice and does not bite. As you can see, she has seen your comment.

      Delete
  2. Why thank you Andrew and you too River.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pants, I recall you once saying you were a rusted on Labor voter. I am to their old principles but not to the party itself.

      Delete