We didn't see too many cows and sheep on our journey, but here are some between Rotterdam and Amsterdam.
Rear of Amsterdam Centraal Station.
We arrived a little early, so the captain took us past our mooring point to look at some buildings on the harbour.
I think here we ended up being triple berthed, that is three ships side by side and you have to pass through each one to get to shore. This is a sister ship, the AmaVerde.
Very nicely dressed for boating.
Walking to a point nearby to catch a boat for an Amsterdam Canal cruise. Other choices were Van Gogh Museum and city tour or an open air museum. This section of the road can lift up to allow large vessels underneath.
A train passed by.
And a tram, again a Siemens, as we have in Melbourne.
It seems motor scooters can use bike lanes. We were warned, if you are on a bike lane and you get hit, it is your fault and you will be responsible for cycle and cyclist damage.
Lots of party groups on boats.
He is looking at me. I can see the lust in his eyes.
Houses in Amsterdam always need a neighbour to lean on.
More partying young men.
At the end of our canal cruise,we left the canal boat and found ourselves in a mass of people, bicycles, buses, trams and did I say people?
A protest march made matters even more crowded. As vibrant as Amsterdam is, it was very dirty in public areas. At times we were almost walking on a carpet of cigarette butts. Dutch people take pride in the cleanliness and neatness of their homes. Why are the streets allowed to remain so dirty? We didn't see this in Budapest or anywhere in Austria or Germany.
This clock was a useful point for orienting ourselves. Even when hidden, you could still here it strike.
We were given some free time to wander. Trams had coloured symbols on their destination signs for those who can't read, as did Sydney's old trams.
A flower market. 60% of what they sell must be plant related. You can guess the remaining 40% are tourist trinkets.
Until I was just looking at a map, I didn't realise how close we were to a gay bar, the torture museum, mensa university, home of Pathe and a lot more. There were some queer sights in the Rokin area.
Time for coffee and cake.
Plumb line required.
Our bus then took us to the outer edges of Amsterdam on an interesting enough trip. I understand a metro railway is under construction and a building had collapsed.
Peter, do you know where we are?
Countryside, fresh air, green grass and a windmill.
One lucky bird has a nest.
We had used minor roads to get to the edge of the city, but a freeway had us back at our boat very quickly.
The next morning we were catching the train to Brussels and then Eurostar to London. We walked to the station to make sure we knew where we needed to be the next day.
The station was busy, but clearly laid out.
It was our last evening on board, so we really got our money's worth at dinner that evening and breakfast the next morning. We were pleased enough to be at the end of our tour. At times it was tiring and always people around. We were looking forward to be off on our own for a bit.