Thursday, May 08, 2014

Just before I depart

Normally when on holidays I blog about the trip after we return home. For this trip, I might try and blog as I go, but I expect I will quickly get behind with posting. Free time to myself will see me reading your blogs. I will see how I go.

I am just clearing up my photo folder with a few last pictures.

Given the length of our journey, I need lots of podcasts to listen to. I don't want to flatten my phone battery on the journey by listening to podcasts, so I hunted out this old machine of R's, a Samsung Tio. I couldn't turn it on and neither could R initially, but then he remembered and showed me. I have an even older device for playing mp3 files, but I can't remember how to work it either and can't be bothered re-learning. The Tio will do nicely.


Our Sunday brunch was at a St Kilda West beachside cafe. The weather alternated between sunshine and cold blasts of showers. The weather troubled the kite surfers not a bit.


There's the group, sitting in the far corner.


16 comments:

  1. Andrew, it's so nice you have decided to blog during your journey because I can see great photos almost ever day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, I am not sure how much time I will have, so I may not post often.

      Delete
  2. So my life would be more interesting watching your picture from Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a heap of fun. It would be lovely to see posts as you travel - but NOT if it becomes a chore. When you return will be soon enough - even for my impatient self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a wonderful and safe holiday. I'm looking forward to seeing reports and photos of light rail and funiculars from your travels.

    Maybe a selfie or two, too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victor. Take my own photo? Don't think so.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I really want to see pics of Budapest. You don't have to worry about reading my blog anyway. Since the lobotomy (jk) I've been unable to think of a thing to write about. The beach looks so inviting. Have fun out there sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rubye. Nothing to write is odd to me, but then your posts are rather more thoughtful than mine.

      Delete
  6. I've tried blogging real time on several trips - big failure! No signals - families with no internet - time consuming.
    A very short note here and there is fine - we (as in your readers) are not going anywhere so leave all the goss. till you get home. By then we'll be so tired of winter looking a holiday snaps will be a pleasure lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathie, maybe you are right. I expect I haven't done it in the past for good reasons. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. On Sunday mornings, when the husbands have gone to golf, the sisterhood gathers in one of St Kilda West beachside spots for brunch. In summer it is blissful. But even in winter, as your photo shows, it is a great place to be.

    Travel safely. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen kite surfers at Semaphore beach, seems like a great combination of surfing and hang gliding. Glad you worked out some way of listening to podcasts. I've never listened to a podcast in my life and don't plan to start now.
    Don't worry too much about blogging and reading blogs, concentrate on relaxing and having fun. And taking lots of photos for us back home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Andrew,

    Ready and waiting.......

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did blog daily whilst travelling on my own through Aus etc but that was because I had time in the evenings. I find it almost impossible when I'm with friends as I might be missing out on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The brunch photo makes it look like your holiday started before you left home!

    ReplyDelete