Friday, February 07, 2014

Who is this this pretenious twat Pharrell who needs a spelling lesson?

I suppose when a song enters the mighty ABC Local Radio play list, it is time for me to take notice. Got to keep up with the younguns, you know.  Let me recall, what was the last play list entry? Otis Reading with Dock of the Bay? Well, there may have been something a bit more recent but it seems the play list is designed to offend no one, but often pleasing no one either.

Well, it looks like this one has made the ABC Local Radio playlist and received a Grammy award, no wait, more than one.

Album of the year:  Random Access Memories by Daft Punk.

Record of the year: Get Lucky by Daft Punk with Pharrell Williams,
It's a great and catchy tune, but the clip is bit boring.



Who is this vaguely attractive Pharrell Williams? Gosh, he is 41 years old. I hope I still look that good when I reach his age. Oh no, his son is named Rocket Man. It is well worth googling the very high achieving and talented Mr Williams.


He has his own song and I rather like it, and it is a really good clip. If you aren't able to catch the title of the song in the clip, it is called Happy. After watching it you feel kind of, happy. Yeah, happy.




18 comments:

  1. I quite like that Daft Punk song, though I wasn't aware it was them for a very long time. All I knew was that it kept getting stuck on repeat in my head!
    TGIF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, it took me some time to connect the two as well.

      Delete
  2. Even a woman of a certain age enjoys listening to middle of the road music like Get Lucky and Happy! Tell you what tho' I'd get them to replace that awful 2005 photo of him on wiki'pedia.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certain age? Ah yes. I don't mind his gangster look. He has lots of different looks.

      Delete
  3. Pharrell is happi that's wot he is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And makes people happy.

      Delete
  4. Ho hum. I can live without the guy, but I really don't like this kind of music so much. Not sure what it's called cause I'm so out of touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rubye, I think it is called popular music??? Ok, I do pretend to be interested and amused.

      Delete
  5. Don't know him so I can't comment !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, if you listened to his music, you might make a comment. His music is not so bad.

      Delete
  6. TY Andrew, I've heard the name daft punk many times but had never heard any of their music before. Now I am qualified to have an opinion - get lucky is not offensive but doesn't excite me much. [One hearing, that's all they get].

    On the other hand, I'm smitten with both the tune and the clip for Happy. Love it, TY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it worked for you FC. It did for me.

      Delete
  7. I really enjoy Pharrell Williams, he's a very cool guy without trying to be cool, he's been around for a while, love the 'happy' song, how could anyone not.. it's put me in a good mood for beddy bye byes :) Thanks Andrew!
    p.s. I have all my teeth thank you very much cheeky boy :) this one will be replaced by an implant as soon as it's healed.. I think the cost of that is going to be a much more painful extraction.. from my bank :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I am 100% sure you are correct about the replacement cost. Hopefully you will be 'happy' with the result.

      Delete
  8. The entire new Daft Punk album is great, have played it lots and has a catchy 70s vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thomas, I don't really keep up with current music, but I agree, they are rather good.

      Delete
  9. Daft Punk will never make it onto my playlist, but I like that Happy, really nice to see people dancing and smiling all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought River. I reckon some of their tunes might be better than what you have gotten rid of on your Ipod.

      Delete