Monday, December 16, 2013

The hum drum of life

I was left to my own devices for about 15 minutes in Prahran while R went about an errand. I went to Coles supermarket to get something.

In a very gay and laconic gay drawl one young staff member remarked to another very obviously gay staff member,

"I need a red christmas tee shirt...........doesn't matter.........don't worry about it."

The other replied,

"Tony, your lack of a red christmas tee shirt is the least of your problems."

It amused me, but not as much as the apparent difference between male and female feet. I went to a place that used to be TSL, The Stock Liquidator. It has changed its name and is now a Bond's shop. TSL used to sell mostly Bonds clothing. Just what I need, a pack of three socks, the same black socks with a little colour at the toes I have bought there before. But wait, they are women's socks, so the label said. Well, I can't be buying women's socks.

There are some pretty obvious physical differences between men and women, but I would have thought that the feet were much the same. I didn't buy the socks as they were marked with woman foot sizes and I don't know my equivalent.

8 comments:

  1. I suspect that usually they charge more for women's socks. Sigh.
    I do like the hum drum of life. Small things amuse this small mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, Bone Doctor told me about the difference in the price between men's and women's underwear. Like the difference between men's and women's hair cuts, it is a rip off. Btw, Bone Doctor wears men's underwear.

      Delete
    2. Jockey for men has a wider crotch area and is much more comfortable especially in hot weather. You cannot tell dr Bones she is not the only one though, as she will snipe at you for discussing her here.

      Delete
    3. Ann, I should hope the area is larger, but I don't know why women would need a larger crotch area but I am quite ignorant in that area. God forbid that family will ever read this.

      Delete
  2. When you live in a family of sock wearers all with the same size feet who knows if you are wearing male or female socks they all the same to me, most of them were black but now the sock wearers have all moved out I now have my own collection, the beer fairy only wears red ones.
    Merle................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle, the beer fairy wearing red socks makes it very easy. I grew up with wearing any old socks and using any old towel. I am now very fussy. Even R and I do not share towels.

      Delete
  3. I'm proud of you for not buying the sock ONLY because you weren't sure of the correct size... and for no other reason. However, you probably came out ahead given how women are ripped off at the cash register.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mitchell, I expect you are correct about the price. I don't care if they are women's socks, so long as the are the right size.

      Delete