Friday, December 20, 2013

Maintaining your position as a big fish in a little pond

Little Britain was an exceptionally fine British BBC sketch comedy series which began in 2003. It is not a show I would rewatch, not because it wasn't brilliant, but the shock value would be lost in a second viewing. This sketch from the first episode features Daffyd, the only gay in the village, a Welsh village to be more precise. You can find a more realistic account of gay life in a Welsh village at John's blog, along with tales of his life, neighbours and his 73 animals.

The narrator is Tom Baker, of Doctor Who fame.

I rather like cock (note: edit for clarity), but if the word offends you, then don't watch the clip.

You only have to see the first 15 seconds to see how brilliant the show was. Funnily I saw the same drawing on a tram shelter at the bottom of Calantina Hill this week.




12 comments:

  1. What a hoot. I rarely watch television - but this time I have obviously missed a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I will post some more from the show over time but hopefully only the very best.

      Delete
  2. oh they are brilliant. loved Myfwanwy's punchline.
    Check ABC TV Tuesday 6pm for David Walliams 'Mr Stink' book adaptation. Mr S played by Lord Downton of Abbey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, not known to me. Ok, will record it.

      Delete
  3. Bloody Hell! That's hilarious. If it makes it back to our screens I'll have to watch it, as long as it doesn't clash with something else I love to watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I think it is on one of the many digital channels late at night. I doubt it will be repeated. I will post some clips.

      Delete
  4. Hilarious! This is why I need to introduce myself to British comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well worth your while Keith. While it is not all great, the best is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Walliams and Lucas, a fine comedy coupling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, I think Lucas is gay and Walliams str8. But what a brilliant combo.

      Delete
    2. Walliams has confirmed he is bisexual (married a woman), but Lucas is most definitely gay.

      Delete
    3. A bisexual Fen! Well, it takes all kinds.

      Delete