Wednesday, December 11, 2013

It's all in a name #37

I assume the marriage of my sister and her partner, the Bone Doctor, went ahead today without a hitch. I just sent each of them an sms, Congrats Mrs J to Sister, and Congrats Mrs C to Bone Doctor. Except Mrs C is my mother.

It is hard to think of anyone else being Mrs C, but the the wife of my paternal uncle must be Mrs C and his two sons have partners who are perhaps Mrs Cs.

Tradie's wife was a Mrs C, but she is now officially a Mrs A.

Maybe if Non Dreaded Nephew marries his Jewish partner, she will be a Mrs C. She looks Jewish but her mother does not at all. Curious. The relationship is a few years old and maybe I will in time get to know about her family.

While the two older nieces both have partners and one is pregnant to her partner, neither show inclinations to marry and/or change their family name.

Little Jo is already lumbered with a double barrelled family name, Sister's and Bone Doctor's. But officially it should be a triple name as our family name is double barrelled. It is on some birth certificates and some official documents but not on others. I have never used it and officially I don't have it but it on my late Father's birth certificate, his second wife's marriage certificate, and Tradie Brother's children's birth certificates.

We never learnt who Little Jo's biological father is although we know we have met him, but Little Jo sees him at times and she knows her half brothers and sister. His name is on Little Jo's birth certificate. From the mouths of babes, Little Jo sometimes mentions seeing her cousins in Geelong to us. She doesn't have any cousins in Geelong. Geelong is where Sister and Bone Doctor lived and where Little Jo was born and where her biol father lives. One can only assume.

Later Edit: The High Court of Australia has overturned the ACT law allowing same sex marriage. Sister and Bone Doctor were married for less than twenty-four hours.

12 comments:

  1. Families are complicated beasts aren't they? Not married here (never felt the need) but do hope that your sister's wedding happened and isn't negated by the Courts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are EC. I am of a certain age and I had a very different view on marriage when I was young to what I do now. Now, who cares.

      Delete
  2. It all sounds too complicated for simple old me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun60, even to me it reads like it is complicated.

      Delete
  3. A couple by any other name would be just as crazy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That just hurt my head! Hopefully one day all same sex couples that want to get married can do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, it is not something I worry about, but I don't see why they shouldn't be.

      Delete
  5. Gosh you do have an intricate family sort of thing :) I thought about your sister and her Bone Doctor when i heard that news Andrew, I hope that they're not too devastated!. I think marriage is vastly overrated these days but it is important to some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, they were expecting the decision but they are happy they did it. I agree with you.

      Delete
  6. Pilchard & I have been together longer than many couples we know who actually got married. Good luck to those who wish to marry, but I don't need to!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You live in sin Red? Well, I hope you are still having sinful times.

      Delete