Friday, November 15, 2013

Just another 15 minutes of fame

I was ever so flattered when Red asked to 'interview' me for a blog post for her own brilliant blog, Amazing Australian Adventures. Red and her better half, known on her blog as Pilchard, have travelled all over Australia, well avoiding big cities like where I live. At her blog you can see wondrous waterfalls, gorgeous gorges and monstrous mountains. You can find out about the best country bakeries and the best loos with views. There are travel tips aplenty. Red always indicates the difficulty level of a walk, something I particularly tune into. Long may Red and Pilchard continue to travel and document our big wide land.

Here is the link to the post if you are not a regular reader of her blog, and if you are at all interested in Australia beyond its big cities, you should be. Without being stupidly self deprecating, I thought I sounded vaguely ok in her piece. A good editor is a fine thing to have.

7 comments:

  1. Don't be so modest!!! Even a good editor can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear - a saying which I have always thought was more than a little disgusting! And I see this is another 3-post day which makes the numbers in the interview already out of date ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Err, yes Red, another 3 posts in a day. When I hit publish for the first last night, I could not imagine I would have time to write anything. It was a busy day, but still I managed.

      Delete
  2. Just popped over there Andew. Fine interview sir. Cheers, mate! I'm gonna start saying that over here and see what people say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, keep the words short and run them together. No one will understand you.

      Delete
  3. 15 well deserved minutes, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going there straight after I leave here.

    ReplyDelete