Tuesday, October 22, 2013

#climatechange

In the eleven years we have lived here, never have the tops of the balcony windows become wet. I knew we would get a nice soaking rain as last night there was an easterly wind blowing and easterlies always bring good rain. I also noticed some very busy ants. Fortunately I don't have arthritis. If I did, that would have been the trifecta of confirmation of approaching rain.

What an extraordinary thing it was to get our whole balcony windows wet. Ok, an eleven year record is not a great indicator of climate change, but still.

Let us hope that tomorrow's weather in the state of New South Wales will be not as bad as forecast and the fires will not flare up as they are expected to do. Many thought our then Victorian Premier Brumby was being alarmist in 2009 when he warned the next day would be calamitous. It proved to be so. Fingers crossed for NSW tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed here as well. I've been watching the news reports.

    I had never heard of "ants" as a harbinger of arthritis flare-ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Mitchell, I think you are making a joke. Doesn't a change of weather bring on arthritis?

      Delete
  2. I am hoping that the reports prove to be inaccurate my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Midday Keith, and so far, so good.

      Delete
  3. Fingers and toes Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had fierce wild winds here for the past couple of days. I'm hoping they don't make it to NSW to fan the fires. We had a bit of rain too last night, perhaps that will move over and help put them out instead.
    Did you take advantage of the rain washing and immediately go out after to clean off your windows with a squeegee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I have done that with the windows once before, but the result was not great and I have a cold so I don't feel like doing much physically.

      Delete