Thursday, September 26, 2013

Home is where the heart is, and the comforts

I can hear a hum of traffic. I can hear tram bells. I can hear a helicopter bound for the Alfred Hospital. I can hear ear splittingly loud motor bikes. I must be home. Home to my own surrounds where everything just works, without endlessly plugging in and unplugging.

Best of all, my own full pressure water wasting shower and then sleep in my own bed.

Great holiday and of course you know what happens after I return from holidays. You get a blow by blow description with photos. It could be worse. I could hold a slideshow evening and you would feel compelled to sit through the unedited photos. Instead the photos will be carefully selected from 500, and you can always click the x in the corner.

12 comments:

  1. No matter how much fun I've had on a vacation...I always look forward to returning home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I Keith, no matter how long or short the holiday is.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, home, where you can relax and enjoy your holiday memories in true comfort!

    I shall expect a slide night a la Uncle Arthur-style with red fizzy drinks and assorted salted nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayne, byo nuts and drinks. I know who Uncle Arthur is, but I never saw much of him on tv.

      Delete
  3. Nothing like your own bed and your own surrounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waking up and being well rested was pretty good Fen.

      Delete
  4. Home is like a slipper, soft and comfortable. Looking forward to the pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is Diane, set up to suit yourselves. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Ah, the pleasure of a full pressure shower. Nothing beats it.
    Coming home is the best part of any holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. River, funnily we did experience full pressure showers, with needle torture jets. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always say the best part of the holiday is coming home :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hate to confess it Grace, but I agree.

      Delete