Sunday, August 04, 2013

Sunday Selections

Not much in the way of photos this week, apart from last weekend's Open House day photos which will take a bit of time to sort. Hopefully River will have a bumper Sunday Selections today.

It had been a rough week for R. 'Scotch, my dear?' 'Just a large one, thanks. ' I put the empty glass near where he was lying on the couch. Eventually he sat up to have a sip and you should have seen his disappointed face.


Orchids with leaves more interesting than the flowers.


Mad people running early on a Sunday morning, and no the sun is not rising in the west. It is reflected from a building.

I like when the trees have leaves but I also like seeing what you normally don't when they leafless (ambiguity, no elephant stamp). Taken through one of my bedroom windows.


I am just testing this animated gif to see if works on blogger. It is of course Dr Who en route.


What is in the box? All will revealed another day.

12 comments:

  1. You're a big meanie to tease R with an empty glass.
    I love the Dr Who gif, where did you get it?
    The photo with the reflected sun stripes is nice.
    And now I'm curious about the box...or is it a reference to Dr Who's box, the Tardis and who will be the new Dr Who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. River, I forget where I got the gif. It was ages ago and it was sitting in my 'do something with this' folder. No, no connection between Dr Who and the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That animation is really good. I can't even download videos never mind trying something new. I hear the new Dr Who has been revealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun60, but of a fuss here about the new Dr too. I don't Capaldi at all, but what a good Scottish name.

      Delete
  4. Capaldi is a Scottish name? Sounds more like a mobster to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sound very Italian to me River and yes mobster. I mentioned it to R and he said there are Italian, than is Roman names in Scotland.

      Delete
  5. Capaldi is 10 kinds of awesome, youtube him as Malcolm Tucker.

    My Mum had a wooden box like that, I think my sister has it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I positively won't google him Fen. I will wait until he is on screen. I miss David.

      It's only a cheap box, but what glories are within!!!

      Delete
    2. Does it hold a stash of weed?

      Delete
    3. No Fen, that is in the pantry with the spices and must be at least 15 years old. Wonder if it is any good?

      Delete
  6. I love David also, but his replacement is a terrific actor so I'm tres interested to see how he takes on this iconic role. I hope there isn't anyone's ashes in that box Andrew :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace, I am actually interested to see him, but I see no reason to rush. No ashes, but that reminds me, Mother's friends, one of whom has dementia, still have Step Father's ashes in their office. Must get around to sorting that one day.

    ReplyDelete