Friday, August 09, 2013

Silly clip but great music

Does anyone know anything about this clip? More the song, rather than the clip. Google translate is being unhelpful with German detected, Irish detected, Maltese detected but is seem to be mostly in English.



Ok, worked it out. It is Yiddish and a remix, originally best known as an Andrews Sisters recording. But I don't think it is their recording in the above clip. I felt quite happy when listening to the various versions. N'owt like being lost in the world of You Tube.

This is the Andrews Sisters' recording. It was their first hit.
http://youtu.be/swPn8E644sA

Clearly Hungarian morning television is a step above Australia's and the lead performer is hot!
http://youtu.be/rMZ8l1u2uLM

A hot bloke not for you? Perhaps you prefer pretty girls with excellent diction singing acapella. The amateur D'amour Sisters are very good.
http://youtu.be/SE7k6HlkjtA 

More info is of course welcome. No doubt my ignorance needs correcting.

17 comments:

  1. The Hungarian singer has a bit of the Robbie Williams about him.

    I used to hear this song a lot at home when growing up in the 1950s; it must have been a huge favourite in my parents' European youth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does Victor. It is a great song, even now. A dj has made a very nightclub mix with it.

      Delete
  2. I imagine James would be interested to learn (from Wikipedia) that 'There is a Swedish version called "Bär ner mig till sjön", which means "Carry me down to the lake".'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check that out.

      Delete
  3. Never knew it was Yiddish, I always thought it was German, badly pronounced, "Bei mir bist Du schön." This clip is edited magnifiscently, must have taken hours to produce it. Love Laurel and Hardy. A Gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill, I expect quite a bit of work went into the clip. You having a European language would have a better ear for what is being sung.

      Delete
  4. I love the music AND the video
    Cracking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit of fun John, which we all need at times.

      Delete
  5. They should use it for a Mr Sheen add.
    Merle......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God Merle, don't give them ideas. We will be very sick of it if it turns up on tele.

      Delete
  6. Well, now I'm going to have to listen to it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay that was funny, at first, but by the end I'd had more than enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the first time River, but then I grew to really like it.

      Delete
  8. That was brilliant Andrew. How nice that such an old classic is resurrected for the current generation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, the house mix I listened to was not great, but how good that a young dj is even aware of such music.

      Delete
  9. I'm more than happy to perv on a Hungarian hotty Andrew, merci beaucoup :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Croon into my ear anytime Grace.

      Delete