Monday, August 05, 2013

I would not believe me

I arrived home at just after 11pm. R did not have to work the next day. I had not seen him for a couple of days. He was awake in bed and watching tv. I leant on the architrave of his bedroom door to have a brief chat before I sat at the computer and he went to sleep. It didn't turn out that way as he got out of bed and we discussed campervans for out forthcoming holiday.

And then we were zapped. The following morning I said to R, I had weird dream last night. Our bedroom ceiling fans went crazy. It was not a dream, but had I not experienced it myself, I would have been pretty sceptical about what happened.

Some background first. The ceiling fans in the bedrooms are operated by remote controls with settings for fast, medium and slow and the light built into the fans can be turned on and off too with another button on the remote. However, the main light switch has to be on for fan and light to operate.

I was leaning on the architrave of  R's bedroom and the fan started spinning. He asked me why I turned it on. I hadn't. The light switch was already on so it was under the control of the remote next to his bed which he hadn't touched. He tried to turn it off, but it wouldn't stop. He pressed the light button and the light came on and then would not switch off. The fan then sped up, so I turned it all off at the light switch. Weird and while R thought there maybe the batteries have failed, I was doubtful. I switched it back on and away went the fan and the light came on and still no response from the remote, then an occasional response. It was as if it was under control by something else.

I don't know what made me go to my room and try mine, but I did and it was exactly the same. Sometimes the remote would work and sometimes not. This is getting weirder.

I went to the spare bedroom and exactly the same thing. I started thinking about magnetic fields, not that I know anything about them. Once years ago a green splodge appeared on the edge of our tv screen. We were puzzled as the tv was quite new. We worked out the speaker for the cd player sitting next to the tv was making the screen green.

As I said, R got up for a while and when we went back to the bedrooms everything was back to normal and has remained so since. Did the government put some kind of force field over us?

The only thing that partly makes sense to me is that my phone was in the left hand pocket of my shirt when I was leaning on the architrave, about 5cm, 2 inches, from the light switch. Is is possible that the phone could have done that? I could believe that, but to all three bedrooms through one light switch?

23 comments:

  1. There's an App for that...
    Or it's Kevin Rudd's way of getting you all fired up for 07/09
    Actually it's a bit spooky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO politics pls Craig. I am over it already and it has only just begun. Maybe we have a poltergeist?

      Delete
  2. Very weird story.

    But great title - "I would not believe me" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, I really doubt I would believe me. There must be logic to it for me to believe.

      Delete
    2. Do you ever finish a post and then worry about an interesting enough title? It is easy for the first few times, but after a while, the titles all become a bit mundane.

      You hit pay dirt this time :)

      Delete
  3. Are you haunted or someone put a curse on you who had you upset lately.
    Merle............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle, probably a curse. Do you know any curse removal actions?

      Delete
  4. That is a bit weird. I don't think your phone would be the problem. It's possible someone in a flat near you has a new item with a new remote that is on the same frequency as the one for your fans. If they are channel hopping or stop/starting a dvd, the frequency could be affecting your fans. Or you have aliens playing tricks on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have it right River.

      Delete
  5. Eeeeek! Very interesting. I was in my room the other day and my stereo turned itself up full blast. I was no where near it and the remote was sat on my bedside table, with nothing touching it. I've never worked that one out either! Maybe Ethel the backpacking lesbian ghost paid you a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, it was one of your critters what done it. Ethel sounds intriguing. I will look manana.

      Delete
    2. There were no critters in the room at the time, that's what I initially thought it would be!

      Delete
    3. No Fen, not even a bogong moth.

      Delete
  6. Thats weird does sound like some kind of electrical interference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, yes, I doubt it was my phone. Something else, but who knows what.

      Delete
  7. there is only one explanation.
    ...your house is a vortex to another world.
    (or there might be a Scientific explanation ...I SUPPOSE)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M, I enjoyed the spinning thing at Luna Park. I don't mind a vortex.

      Delete
  8. Big Brother has discovered your secret life as a subversive blogger and is trying to shut you down!!! Pity R gets 'punished' as well ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind R, Red. He knew what he was getting into when we met 34 years ago. I was a diary writer then. There were things he did not he was getting himself into though, but I my blog is generally family friendly. I am not subversive. I just whinge a lot.

      Delete
  9. Remove the Dr Who thingy from last post immediately..and I was only kidding about the ashes in the box...or was I..spooky goings on indeed Andrew..it really couldn't be anything like faulty electrics oui :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Play Dr Who them music'. A couple of people nailed it, I reckon, Diane and River. No ashes in the box, but beautiful things.

      Delete
  10. Magnetic personality disorder?

    ReplyDelete