Thursday, August 01, 2013

Happy birfdy Coppy

Back in my very early days of blogging I wrote a post lamenting that there weren't bloggers around who were my age. Lord Sedgwick responded, and I subsequently met him and even liked him and he said, paraphrasing, here is an old person who blogs. He was referring to Jah Teh, boom boom.Through that simple comment, I went on to meet the person he mentioned, aka Copper Witch and then Ann O'Dyne in her various guises and Pants.

What a wonderful thing is was to meet new people and then remain friends over the electric wires and occasionally catch up .

Jah Teh, R and myself sincerely wish you a very happy birthday.

xxx

Sorry, you gift is a bit late but it is in the mail.

6 comments:

  1. It's almost like when we were very young and had pen pals hey Andrew, that was fun and so is this. I've met two of the bloggers from Perth, should make more effort, and also Julie in Sydney and I may even get to meet you and R if you ever make that trip to Perth :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like pen friends in a way Grace. But also it seems there is no responsibility as people feel free to just not publish anymore, and I feel disappointment when that happens. When, not if, we get to Perth, hope to meet you too.

      Delete
  2. When I started blogging I didn't think it would give me so much pleasure communicating with cyber friends but what joy. I have had so many laughs reading the comments especially from you Andrew so thank-you. Maybe if you are visiting London when you are touring, we might even get to meet up. Who knows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be very nice to meet you Fun60. Internet friendships based on little else but reciprocal reading and commenting is a very new form of connection and it works well for me. It is amazing what you learn about people as time goes, even personal things in non personal blogs.

      Delete
  3. I was writing about the Legion of Honour in San Francisco, a lovely old gallery that most young people would not be too interested in. Two American bloggers wrote comments saying their mums used to take them to visit the gallery 50 years ago.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, isn't it wonderful to connect with people like that. I remember a You Tube video I featured once of Ruth Wallis, a suggestive US singer of years past and her son sent me an email some time later.

      Delete