Sunday, July 28, 2013

A complexity of complexes

We had some things to get in Prahran and then R's doctor wanted him to have a chest x-ray for no apparent reason. Don't worry, it won't cost you, so the doctor assured R. From Prahran we caught the tram up Chapel/Church Street.

This is not a bad photo of the lamps on the Church Street Bridge, considering it was taken from a moving tram, sorry stationary tram. The traffic was heavy.


What? The x-ray place is in a sports stadium? The signage was not good but we eventually found it. It is designed for people visiting by car and going into a car park, not by arrivals on the number 70 tram. Hmmm, sports stadium medical place, maybe there will be some hot sporting type blokes there. There was and R inadvertently sat back to back with a muscle guy. I don't have a clue who he was but the staff made a fuss of him, so I guess he is a VIP. I sat next to R and with my excellent hot guy peripheral vision, I kept a close eye on him.

The waiting area had a very nice garden wall.


There was a path directly opposite through to the tram to town. We passed all the major sporting places, except because of the changing commercial names, I don't know which is what. They were all just so deserted but oddly there were five people waiting at the tram stop who must have come out of these buildings.







Now in town, I took a photo while R collected a thousand dollars worth of theatre tickets.



26 comments:

  1. When I lived in Sheffield ( city in Yorkshire) we had those roundbuildings ....they was a museum of music

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, we all know about Sheffield cutlery and steelworks. But music? Interesting.

      Delete
  2. hot guy peripheral vision

    hahaha, brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was clever M. Thanks for noticing.

      Delete
  3. So if it had been you having a chest x-ray, the part with the heart might have been blurry, it was beating so fast?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No FC. Sadly I confess my heart no longer beats at such things, but my eyes do open wider.

      Delete
  4. I hope the person doing the X-ray was a qualified radiologist. We have to look after our husbands :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, I am sure she was. She mucked the first one up, and asked to take a second snap. To admit a fail and rectify it is very professional.

      Delete
  5. X-Rays at a sports stadium. The mind boggles. Glad to hear you still get excited about a body. Do you remember why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, only quite vaguely. You've rather hit a raw nerve in that I wonder what drove me for some thirty five years, and why I don't care anymore, clearly something smart arse FC picked up on.

      Delete
  6. I recognise the not round ground and rod raver. There are always loads of hot gay guys at the doctors on a Thursday morning when I take my client. Good for viewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really Fen! R's doctor is str8 and doesn't even know R has a cute younger boyfriend, ahem. I thought it was a strange place to send him for an xray.

      Delete
    2. Yup it's a veritable meat market. I sit silently sniggering to myself as each guy comes into the waiting room, everyone checks him out and vice versa. Guys are SO obvious!!!

      Delete
  7. Are those domes sports stadiums? Or giant alien fly eyes?
    The garden wall is very nice as are the lamps in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, the domed ones look great a night when illuminated with led lamps. I was very impressed with the garden walls. I have known the lamps for a long time.

      Delete
  8. Yes River, the lamps. They don't build classy bridges like those anymore.
    Good to have a chest xray. Tuberculosis is rampant in the Third World and jet travel brings it here.
    I'm sure R has lovely lungs and an overzealous GP. X X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, a Filipino picked up tb and was off work for quite some time. No one else at work caught it from him.

      Yes, the Bolte Bridge does not compare favourably with the Church Street Bridge.

      Delete
  9. Really Andrew... cruising in the Doctor's waiting room. That breaks so many rules...
    I'm liking the lights and I'm really liking the plant wall. I've always called then vertical gardens - it it the same thing?
    I always fancied making one but don't have the slightest idea how to. I also suspect that they (like me) are very high maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, I was just looking. No harm in that. Yes, I should have called it a vertical garden. They can look very shabby if not looked after well. Can't we all.

      Delete
  10. Thank goodness I found out about my eye probs before I lost any peripheral vision, it's so essential for the checking out of attractive beings whether we know what to do with them or not :)Love the garden wall, I've seen them being used in spaces where the only way to go is vertical, such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, it is the first I have seen really close up. I was impressed.

      Delete
  11. p.s. $1,000 of King King tickets..really!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something like ten of us going, at $130 each.

      Delete
  12. That was the place I went to for the hip MRI. LOTS of eye candy, even for this straight gal ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially for a straight girl, I should think Rae.

      Delete