Sunday, June 16, 2013

The carpet end

Finally, I can say things are back to normal in The Highrise and we are loving the new carpet. The second digital recorder has now been connected, the final computer tidy up was completed, with only the sound not working because a transformer had fallen out.

Jack has been returned to his mummy, who was on her way from the airport. We put the heating on for him and our Dyke Friend when she gets home. We pumped it up form a miserly 21 to 24. All air cons are different and given we spent a few hours at her place on carpet laying day, we knew what to set it to, to make the place warm.

R stormed out from our Brother Friends' birthday dinner before eating at an overpriced Church Street, Brighton, Chinese restaurant.  The dynamics weren't good and the extra person they invited along, did not a good situation make. We may have known our Brother Friends for over thirty years, but one can really get under R's skin. I insisted R took the car home and I intended to get the train and two trams to get home, but I just missed the train and so caught a cab. Wombat, the chap R had issues with is the bloke who owns the restaurant near where you lived on tram route 86.

Life is such fun, hey.

10 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than walking on a new carpet in bare feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun60, we are enjoying doing that very much.

      Delete
  2. I do like a dramatic exit. I don't have the balls to do it but I like to hear about others who do!
    Pleased that the fiat is back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, it is not something I think I could do, but sometimes people just get pushed too far.

      Delete
  3. We all know someone who rubs us the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, and situations are that at times we are forced to put up with them for the sake of others.

      Delete
  4. Lovely new carpet, can't wait to hear who spills something first :) I can't see me storming out either Andrew, but I have felt like it many times....any day now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Day five Grace and so far it is unmarked. It will happen though. I am so innocent, insults often go over my head, until I think about things later.

      Delete
  5. According to experts, 21 degrees is the best temperature setting for air cons, every degree higher costs quite a bit in $$$. They're probably right, but I'd want to be a bit warmer than that when the air is frosty too. $$$ be damned, comfort is king.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to vary a lot River. We run our on either 17, 18 or 19. 17 is ok during the day when you are active, but sitting at night, 18 is nice. 19 is nice and cosy and 20 decadent. I've worked too long and too hard to not be comfortable at home, be it heating or cooling.

      Delete