Thursday, June 20, 2013

New Carpet

This is the old carpet in the spare bedroom. The carpet was pretty well ok in the bedrooms, with only a few minor marks.


More old carpet. The marks don't really show in the photo. I have previously shown where the carpet is worn through to the backing under the computer chair. Jack was quite unperturbed by the upheaval.


Wardrobes were already chockers with cleared stuff, as was R's bathroom and toilet. My en suite was kept clearish. Where can the heavy books from the lounge shelving unit go?. I wonder what weight would snap granite bench tops?


Well, this is it. It does not look so different to what was there, but it is clean and new and fresh. The pile is shorter so it doesn't show footprints or shading like the old one. The colour is not a fashionable brown or fawn but we like it. There are two more largish projects before we will kind of be satisfied, the replacement of the lounge timber furniture with white and the kitchen cupboards re-finished.



10 comments:

  1. Does it smell lovely too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did Fen. But I can no longer smell the new carpet smell.

      Delete
  2. "Fashionable brown or fawn" might limit your furniture choices to something that would suit, so you were wise to choose a more neutral colour. And it looks lovely. The white shelving unit by the dining table looks awful without anything in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, essentially when the place is finished, it will be black, white, red with the only blue being the carpet. I think that works well, whereas brown or fawn would not.

      Delete
  3. I like the colour - lovely. I also like the storage unit which is empty in the photograph. It looks a bit mid century modern, which is a good thing in my book.
    Jack looks hilarious in the photo - I had to look twice as I thought that the rug was an extension of his body. I thought, blimey that's a big body for a little head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, I had not occurred to me, but yes, the shelving unit is a bit Modern. Jack does rather get lost on his Merino fleece. He was not happy where it was, near a window and the balcony door and was lying near the shelves. We thought it must be warmer there, and so moved the skin there and sure enough, he likes it there.

      Delete
  4. It looks lovely - I look forward to running through it in due course!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wombat, we will make you take your shoes off. It is rather good in bare feet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! I thought the same as Craig, BIG body for that sweet little face! There's nothing like band new fresh carpet Andrew, lovely to 'run your toes through' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, we considered timber flooring but we like the warmth of carpet.

      Delete