Sunday, May 26, 2013

We won at Chelsea

We won Best Show Garden in this years Chelsea Flower Show and I don't think it is the first time Australia has won it. I rather liked this effort depicting London's Tube Map. Even the colours of the lines appear to be correct.

Unrelated, but a link to the video was retweeted on Twitter. Thanks D. It is quite well made although there seems to be a lot I would have included that is not there and rather too much of Docklands, aka Cocklands, aka Divorcelands. By most peoples' judgement whacking up a forest of cheaply built and poorly designed highrise residential and commercial buildings on prime waterfront land with vast empty spaces has not been a success. Anyway, take a look at the City of Melbourne. I rather like the place.

Here is the link.

6 comments:

  1. The Chelsea garden is excellent and a worthy winner, although it looks like the amount of money spent on it could have bailed out Greece.
    I loved the Melbourne video.. it's a real city with lovely parks, good history and architecture and real seasons (almost). I enjoyed my visits there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craig, questioning how money is spent when people starve sets you to a road to nowhere.

      Nice to know you have been to Melbourne. Today I took a good look at Aryshire. I wonder if Non Dreaded Nephew visited the area when he lived in Glasgow.

      Delete
  2. It's a beautifully shot video Andrew. This is exactly what worries me about the Elizabeth Quay project here in Perth, more highrise along the river, do we really need it?
    P.s. so glad you and Craig have caught up he's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, that is such a precious site and it will be awful if what is built there does not work well.

      Delete
  3. The tube map flower garden looks quite impressive. I can't imagine following the right lines to get the right coloured flowers planted. Or were they in pots? Anyway, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question River and I don't know. I could only find two photos of it and both are similar.

      Delete