Clearly the Highrise is not too high for birds. From the balcony plant massacre of 2003 by cockatoos, to the visiting cockatoo and corella on the balcony last year, to myna birds crapping on the balcony, from a blackbird hopping into our apartment from the balcony., yes birds visit. Not too high for them.
It is not too high for flies either. I have a policy. I let them fly in and then they fly out. This words out to be
about 80% effective. The remaining 20% are dealt with by Mortein. Overnight stays on wall or ceilings are not permitted and sorry to be racist, but blow flies are not allowed at all.
Mosquitoes, we have seen none. Cockroaches, we have seen none. Mice and rats, none.
Butterflies yes, and moths, oh, no moths this year but in the past the Highrise was full of Bogan Moths, sorry Bogong. Our indigenous people tell us they are very nutritious but also fattening, so we resisted a fry up.
I like to keep myself tidy down below, and do so with electric clippers now. But back in 2003 when I was still vaguely slim, attractive and in demand, I liked to be smooth, and so in my bathroom cupboards was depilatory wax. I had not screwed the top down tightly and the ants thought it was wonderful stuff. I picked up the jar and put in a bag, along with 30,145 ants and dropped it down the rubbish chute. The remaining ants buggered orf quickly enough, but since 2003, not an ant has been seen in the Highrise. It is odd that they were here only once, so they are not far away, but never been seen again.
We've had weavils in cereals in the past, but never here.
The Highrise is almost insulated from pest critters, but not quite. Tiny insects fill our lamp fittings, just like they do down on the ground.
It is said that cockroaches can survive a nuclear war, but I would put my money on the insects that fill your lamp shades with their dead bodies as critters who will survive Earth's annihilation.