Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday Selections and The Block spoiler alert

River seems to always produce a Sunday Selections. Here is my effort for this Sunday.

I remember it as Roots and Leaves, and latterly Petal Pushers. The last time I visited the Dandenong Road nursery, it was clearly going under.  I snapped this from the bus as I was passing. Let me guess? More apartments?


Aww. Divorced Tradie Brother and Sis in Law have both just bought new puppies within two weeks of each other, but they weren't these two cute specimens which look very like spirited terriers.


Flowers come, flowers die, flowers go down the rubbish chute.




Someone bumped into the traffic light pole, in fact flattened it. In no time Vic Roads had it repaired and bravely worked around the detritus  from the accident without a thought of sweeping it up. 'Not my job.'


This is a bus company rule, not a state law, more is the pity. It should apply to all Melbourne's public transport. I hate the smell of stinking food in a public transport vehicle, never mind when they leave the packaging behind.


The leaves of my fake bathroom plant get dusty at times. The easiest thing to do is stick it in the shower.


The television  show, The Block, starts soon on tv. The property undergoing conversion from being a budget motel to apartments is just a short stroll from home. Interesting outdoor greenery. Will a cherry picker have to be hired to maintain it?



I couldn't be bothered to go down to see what happened happened but it appears a car tried to make an illegal u turn in front of the tram. The delay seemed to last for a long time for the apparent lack of severity of the accident. There were a number of ambulance vehicles there, so clearly there was something going on that I could not see.


Hello, hello. Has he been stopped for overloading?


No doubt there are now young people who would not have a clue what this discarded object is used for.

12 comments:

  1. Oops, a sign of creeping old-guy-grumpiness: When I saw that last image after reading its 'caption', and before I enlarged it, I assumed it was a belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fig, I don't why I didn't, but I should have picked it up to see what was on it.

      Delete
  2. I recall that Williams Rd Dandenong Rd corner as being a petrol station before it was a plants place, so I wonder if residential can go over a BIG fuel tank.
    Better that you didn't pick it that item on the ground. Probably unexposed and thrown away in disgust by owner who failed to load it correctly and lost all their shots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Ann. I suppose they can remove the fuel tank. Yes, the film was probably thrown away. Reminds me of cassette tapes that you used to see around on the ground, especially Saturday and Sunday mornings.

      Delete
  3. When I bought my first house in 1989 I always said that even if I was skint I would always make sure I had flowers in the house
    And I always have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, while each week we buy flowers, they don't always last a week so there are days when we don't have any, but we have always had flowers.

      Delete
  4. "without a thought of sweeping it up"
    Well of course not, that's a council job. Can't be stepping on toes here.
    I had to enlarge that mystery item to see what it was, before enlarging it looked like an old car window winder to me. It's been a long time since I've seen actual film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, it is a long time since I have seen a discarded window winder too.

      Delete
  5. This morning another plant place had appeared on that corner!

    As for the high up greenery, one can only hope a flock of cockies comes and has some fun in it. I passed a place the other day that had greenery about 3 - 4 floors up. There were 4 sulphur crested cockatoos having a ball decimating the plants!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, re the site, I should not have made assumptions. I must check the new place out.

      I would love to see cockies attack.

      Delete
  6. I feel deprived...I'd like a rubbish chute, I may have to go 'highrise' just to validate one :)I enjoy the dramas on the road below your apartment..I like that you can watch from way up there and not be involved with the rabble in any way! Flowers are a must have, except my Scottish blood won't let me waste money on them when we have spells of 40C and over, don't last two minutes, even with the air conditioning. Your bathroom plant gave me a fright haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, while the chute is ok, we still have to take recyclables down to the basement. Yes, the I did think the bathroom plant looked a bit spider like.

      Delete