Saturday, May 04, 2013

Death not suspicious?

This story has received a little coverage, but not enough in my opinion. In a nearby highrise apartment block, Balencea, a young woman died when she fell down a rubbish chute. The Highrise has a rubbish chute, and it is very hard to imagine how you could fall down it. Even if you wanted to commit suicide, it is just so not the way to do it.

A tabloid current affairs tv show even tried to show how difficult it was for an adult to fit down a rubbish chute. Certainly as far as ours goes, only a small child would fit and then would have to be lifted.

Very oddly to me, the police homicide squad found that it was most likely she committed suicide.

Our building has a log of tradesmen who visit the building. They must sign in and sign out. They hate doing it, but the committee of management is constantly on at the building manager to ensure they do. Balencea also had a log book and tradesmen were in the building on the day of the woman's death, and had signed in. Strangely the log book disappeared. It would be easy enough to grab ours and remove it. Our building also has lots of high quality cameras and every operation of remote control door locks are recorded against the number of the remote control. You would have to be clever to avoid all this to do a wrong.

Frankly I just don't believe she suicided and it is extraordinary to me that the police so quickly judged it was a suicide and again in my opinion, did not properly investigate. I smell a rat.

Sad business and I feel for her family and her boyfriend, who happens to be the son of a retired Supreme Court Judge and stepson of a County Court judge.

20 comments:

  1. Me thinks I need to research this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I expect I will mention it again.

      Delete
  2. I don't know the boyfriend at all, but he comes from a family that is feeling the pain of justice NOT served. Yes it was ruled a suicide but most people think, like you, that the truth has been neglected or actively hidden.

    For me it was the bloodcurling yells, not long before the poor young woman died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read what you are saying Hels. Perhaps I am overly suspicious.

      Delete
    2. Nooo the opposite. Justice has NOT been served.

      Delete
    3. Hels, is the boyfriend above suspicion because of who his parents are? I am seeing a cover up by the police. Why? To protect important people?

      Delete
  3. It didn't make the news up here but you're right, Andrew, it does sound fishy. Maybe the police decided it would be less paperwork with suicide than with murder. Very sad about the woman.

    But wouldn't it make a great thriller? Start writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bill,
      The Rubbish Chute Murder?
      The Bin Room Massacre?
      The Falling Body?
      Twelve Floors in Four Seconds?

      Delete
  4. I think it's fishy too. It doesn't seem likely to me that a person would choose that as a method of suicide.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Course not Jayne. It is absurd.

      Delete
  5. How very odd. I bet if you were her family you'd be devastated twice over :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Fen. To not know must be awful.

      Delete
  6. Doesn't sound like suicide to me. does she have family who will keep an investigation going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, the Coronial Inquest that is underway is only because her parents pushed for it. Cops would have let the matter die.

      Delete
  7. I small a rat too. maybe the police are covering up due to other investigations. I hope the truth finally comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, there could be drugs involved. I too hope the truth comes out.

      Delete
  8. I have to admit, that would be a very strange way to commit suicide...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Keith. Who would really want to land in dirty stinking rubbish, dead or alive.

      Delete
  9. You're going to have to keep me updated Andrew..Something doesn't feel right with this one.

    ReplyDelete