Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sunday Selections

River will have her Sunday Selections up by now. Here are mine.

The cost of cleaning our building's windows is over $2000 and it can be done in a day although usually takes two. I don't know what the cost of cleaning nearby Lucient's windows but the lads were there for a week.


Cloud Nine is apparently a King Street bar.


Gladdies.


Friends have bought a monster new tv. It must be more than a metre wide. You can control it with your voice or by clapping your hands. It has so many options and things it can do, it is overwhelming and I suspect they will stick to the basic functions. S'cuse R's noggin.


A March sunset.


Money in the tin for ever senior's moment.

A key tag from England. How kind. It is nice, but heavy, so will stay in its box.


'Why are you taking a photo of the roof?' asked R's sister. 'Because I can.'


 Normally these sculptures are photographed full length, often with a ciggie jammed in their mouths. It is always hard to capture them as many people are attracted to them.


Mince meat and dumplings. Not an Australian dish, but quite edible.


Surfer boi.



Who stole my Domain Interchange?


The Spirit of Tasmania sails through Port Phillip Heads. Less than an hour later, she will moor at Station Pier.

12 comments:

  1. I need one of those money tins for seniors, I'd be rich in no time. Hang on, it'll be my money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. Best easter wishes to you too.

      Delete
  3. I could never do that job as a window cleaner, I get already dizzy on the 3rd floor, lol ! and such a sophisticated TV where you can control it with your voice or by clapping your hands would be awful here. Mr. G's loud Italian voice and talking with the hands would drive the TV completely crazy (and me too !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, I can only imagine an Italian in front of the tv. It would be so funny, as the tv went into melt down.

      Delete
  4. I'm with Gattina, I can imagine the television driven beserk by ambient noise in some places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, the tv apparently learns your controls, perhaps like speech recognition programmes.

      Delete
  5. :o where's the interchange gone? I hope they replace it with something a lot nicer. It was pretty awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugly, dangerous and it did not function well. The new one is a platform stop of course and it appears it will be much more efficient.

      Delete
  6. Gladdies are underrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ad Rad, not by me or Dame Edna.

      Delete