Thursday, April 14, 2005


I heard today the word for..................well, the eating table that has bench seats, closed in at one end and if the person closest to the wall wants to get out, then everyone else has to move. Got the idea? A booth. Seemed to be a holiday house memory for me, but that sort type of table and seating has a name. More precisely, upholstered seating along a wall.

I had never heard the word before, but I am sure I will hear it all the time now.

Anyone know?

No comments:

Post a comment

Democracy is all very well, but why give it to the people? - Audrey Forbes-Hamilton.