Friday, April 13, 2018

Breaking

This does not look good at 14:07.


Maybe George Street, Wantirna South, with 7 fire appliances attending. Correct, Knox Waste Transfer Station, aka a rubbish tip.

8 comments:

  1. Well that's one way to deal with excess rubbish...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, a thought is put forward that the fire was in stockpiled recycling material.

      Delete
  2. Not good at all. Those fires are often hard to extinguish and the smoke toxic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, it seems the fire was controlled by 5pm, after starting grass spot fires, but it is still smoking.

      Delete
  3. That's a lot of smoke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, there will be worse to come as our recycling material stockpiles as China has refused to take it anymore.

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear it was a rubbish tip and not a housing estate although that will probably smoulder for some time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie, it is still smouldering next day. Meanwhile in the west of our state, we have underground peat fires burning away.

      Delete