Monday, August 21, 2017

Musical Monday

River always puts up a Musical Monday clip of artists with different styles, clips of different genres and of different times. While I doubt anyone will think much of this clip, it represents to me a different time in my life. Francophile Grace might like it because it is French, but probably not. I loved it and I won the cd single in some kind of competition from our local gay radio station, Joy when it was released here.

Sash, with Encore Une Fois.


Later: This from Wikipedia about Sash is interesting and Sash is rather impressive.

SASH! is a German DJ/production team, fronted by Sascha Lappessen (born 10 June 1970) who works in the recording studio with Ralf Kappmeier and Thomas "Alisson" Lüdke.[1] They have sold over 22 million albums worldwide and earned more than 65 Gold and Platinum awards.[citation needed] In the UK, their first four hit singles incorporated vocals in different languages (FrenchSpanishEnglish and Italian).[1]

12 comments:

  1. I actually have this song on our playlist in the car. ;) It is on a ministry of sound album from the 90s I think..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred, and didn't some wonderful music come from Ministry of Sound.

      Delete
  2. Not my kind of music, really...but we're all individuals re our taste in music as in most other things - as it should be. Techno has never 'grabbed" me.

    It was in the late 70s that I was first introduced to techno/electronic music - that of the German band Kraftwerk. I guess it's okay when on a crowded dance floor in a dimly-lit club with a few cocktails to the wind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, I remember the name Kraftwerk from somewhere. Some techno goes too far for my taste but this track is what I call light techno.

      Delete
  3. I am so grateful that you and River continue to educate my musically ignorant self. And occasionally (but not today) remind me of things I had forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, musical memories can be so poignant.

      Delete
  4. That's a good steady beat, I think it would be good for jogging or speed walking, neither of which I do. I can imagine people bopping around on a crowded dance floor with it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, just walking is good. Some like music while the walk. I don't.

      Delete
  5. Snap with Snoskred, Ministry of Sound et le treadmill plus occasional French wordage = a happy walker. I must get back to that one day 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treadmill sounds like hard work Grace. I must try one.......maybe not. I enjoy walking the streets......but I don't earn much!

      Delete