Friday, May 19, 2017

I haz returned

Normal transmission will resume shortly. It is now 3am my time and I have not slept for about 40 hours, just dozed a bit on a plane. There are many lessons to be learned from our travels, the first being don't ever be without internet access for planning. A lot more on that later.

It was a terrific holiday and great to see R's sister and bro in law again. We saw amazing things and people. Much of our latter time was without internet access and that was quite 'character building' for me. I can survive without the internet.......just.

As best I could I tried to keep up with what you were posting, but the fine detail was lost. No matter.

Holiday posts will be coming. Special hi to Copper Witch. I read your posts on the plane today, or was that yesterday. Planes with wifi. Who would have thunk that.


13 comments:

  1. Welcome back. I hope that you can catch up on your sleep and don't have to be at work until next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:18 am

    Dear oh dear. You need to cast your mind back to how you survived without the internet, back in the Stone Age. Before smart phones too. I never had a mobile phone til I started living in Thailand and only got it because if I have a problem in a non-English speaking society, I can call someone. Still, the internet is good for downloading books and having a bit of fun at the expense of Melbourne travellers.:) - Ian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home...good to know you are both ok..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife has just got back from Oz, she must have looked after the place whilst you were away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home, Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you were safe from the mass murders in Syria, presidential dictatorship in the USA, presidential corruption in Brasil and earthquakes in Afghanistan.
    Australia is looking good :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome home :)
    Now get some sleep. We'll wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome home. Looking forward to reading your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home, from where ?? I had been in Egypt relaxing holidays ! (with Internet, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to be without internet awhile, engage in the real world. Can't wait to hear your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay you're back safe and sound.. and exhausted! Have seen some of your fab holiday shots on Facebook, looks like you had a brilliant time, looking forward to hearing all about it when you have recovered!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome home. I'm looking forward to the post holiday, holiday posts.

    ReplyDelete