Saturday, April 15, 2017

My, what a large muriel.

Grace from Perth Daily Photo is back in Perth after visiting family in the east and is missing them already. Here is something a bit special for you Grace. I was passing in a tram and I saw a man on a cherry picker working on a mural. After some time, I went back to see the finished product. While I have no idea what it is about or who the artist is, there may be a clue in that it overlooks the carpark of the Italian club Abruzzo in Brunswick. The building on which it is painted is about ten storeys high, which gives you an idea of the size of the work. How can an artist translate what he or she is thinking into a work of this size, with quite a bit of detail?


9 comments:

  1. As someone who can't draw even a believable simple stick figure, I am in awe of the talent to produce a work like this (unless perhaps it was computerised).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great, and as a colour by numbers woman, I am (like Victor) in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me more of powerful Renaissance murals than cheap and nasty street art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice mural. I can only draw stick figures most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world, I wonder too, it would not be easy to alter if a mistake was made, but for that size, he could not even see the whole of it to get perspective as he worked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some large one for sure...clever people/person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow this is a beauty Andrew.. I think I recognise the style.. an Italian street artist who has done two similarly HUGE murals here in Perth.. I'll check when I start up the desk top and get back to you. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in awe of this type of artwork. The scale and detail is just amazing. The current series that is being painted on grain silos throughout western Vic is just incredible.

    ReplyDelete