Monday, March 13, 2017

Musical Monday

River always has a Musical Monday post. I do at times. I thought I would post a You Tube clip of the performers of the last cd single I ever bought. It was not nearly as good as I remembered. I had not seen the video clip before and it was boring. In relation to the music, it was the first time I had heard the descriptive genre title of 'lounge music'. I don't mind it still, but it hardly stunning.  If you are interested, it was Groove Armada with At the River.

As happens with You Tube, you go on a merry old dance and I came across this clip. I have two remarks about this video clip, with lots of photos of Ella Fitzgerald. Firstly, she is quite large and perhaps not classically good looking, but see how the beauty of her on the inside just beams from her face. The other remark is that while I know she can belt it out, she pulls her voice in for this song and her performance is all the better for it. Just curious, does anyone know who the bloke is at the 3:20 point?



20 comments:

  1. It is a good face isn't it? Someone who looks like she would be a great person to spend time with. You are right about the 'restrained' voice in this clip too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I am sure she would be great fun.

      Delete
  2. The one and only Ella...how wonderful she was. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nowt more to be said, Lee.

      Delete
  3. what a singer
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora, admired all over the world. Your country has produced some great singers.

      Delete
  4. The man looks very familiar, so I "know" who he is, just can't bring his name to mind.
    I like the white dress she is wearing at the 1.55 point.
    It's a good song and one that needs the restrained voice, belting it out would spoil it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, it is a very nice dress. If you work out who she was with, do let me know. Just curious because he also looks familiar to me, perhaps at an older age.

      Delete
  5. Don't know the man that I know of :)
    Ella's voice is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really did have a lovely voice.

      Delete
  6. Frankie Avalon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I just had a look at some photos, and you are right. Well done.

      Delete
  7. ooh I have a soft spot for Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A really mistress of her craft.

      Delete
  8. Yup Frankie Avalon! She was fabulous.. can you imagine back in the day, sitting in a dark smokey jazz club listening to her sing.. cool! (Apart from the smokey bit ☺)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I can, and smokey speaks to me of naughtiness. I could cope with that.

      Delete
  9. Updating myself about Avalon in Wikipedia it seems strange to think that this good looking young man from my teenage years now is a father of eight and has ten grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, you sure know how to take the shine of something. At least we know he was very fertile.

      Delete