Monday, March 06, 2017

Dining, drugs, DFO and a decent derriere

R wanted some expensive clothing for a cheap price, so we visited the Direct Factory Outlet at South Wharf. DFO where chain shops sell off stock at a discounted price, often very discounted.

We left home and R picked this packet up off the footpath. What is it? A tiny packet of flour for making tiny cakes? I have seen on tv what they do with this white powder. They always wet their finger and taste it. It was revolting, so it is clear that it is not for oral consumption, most likely nasal ingestion. I am slightly tempted to tip it out onto the toilet seat lid and move it all around with the edge of a credit card after taking the ink cartridge out of biro pen you do what? I must have fallen asleep at the tv then, as I am unsure what to do next. Advice is sought.


We trammed down Flinders Street to the Ad Radville area, which is quite weird because it is a few years since we have been to the DFO at Southwharf and after meeting Ad Rad yesterday, here we were right near his place. It was good to see Victor again yesterday and to meet Ad Rad, who was amusing and good fun and kind of like I thought he would be. That is a good thing.



We had a very nice brunch at the Boatbuilders Yard with the weather quite humid but a nice cooling breeze coming up the river.




R bought a shower proof jacket at a cheap price for our travels this year. It folds up into its own pocket. In a moment of consumer madness, I bought a water bottle for 40% off, so it was only $17. I am sick of leaking water bottles that wet my backpack at work. This is a good one. Both are labelled Kathmandu. We are not normally label queens, but...Hi cousin Jan. My name is Andrew, should you be writing your will.

Now, to get serious, while I can never be apolitical, I can be unpolitical and who did we run into in DFO? Her and him.

Faghag may sound like an offensive term, but it is not in the eyes of gay men. The term refers to older straight women who enjoy the company of gay men. Younger women may use the term, my gay boyfriend. Or maybe it is me who says that when I see younger women with obviously gay men.

There is no mistaking her red hair, which is the first thing that grabs you. No security evident, aside from her bored looking younger gay companion. Is Pauline a faghag? R is somewhat better at celebrity spotting than I am. He nudged me, and sure enough, there was Senator Pauline Hanson entering a shop at DFO. Her younger gay companion was her political staffer, James Ashby. If you don't know what a political staffer is, think of him as a Boy Friday. He sorts things for Pauline.




If you don't know who is Senator Pauline Hanson is, she is the leader of a political party in Australia known as One Nation. Think of her as a milder form of Trumpet in the US, Marine Le Pen in France, or former Ukip leader Nigel Farage in the UK.

She was wearing a very full skirt and looked quite ok. Her skirt was so big that I thought, gee Pauline, you've got a big bum. Maybe she does. I think she does. R saw her face on, I only saw her side and rear on but it was certainly her.

On Sunday night's evening news there was a sound bite from her. While it was only a chest up film shot, she had the same top clothing on. Then, via today's Twitter tweets, I learnt that she had been on ABC TV's Insider programme in the morning, made in Melbourne.

While some extreme Moslems would probably like to kill her for her anti Moslem stance in Australian politics, that she can go around shopping without any obvious security aside from her gay boyfriend makes me quite proud of Australia. 

27 comments:

  1. "Think of Pauline Hanson as a milder form of Trumpet in the US, Marine Le Pen in France, or former Ukip leader Nigel Farage in the UK". Politically yes, representing a far right fringe based largely on racist immigration law. But with an overlay of stupidity as well - all fear and no historical or policy analysis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, I would never underestimate her to get people 'riled'. It is fairly clear that she is not the brightest person in politics.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous6:38 am

    Milder version? I don't think so, she is just as bad, and worse - she has no economic sense whatsoever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon, I think you are quite correct, but that matters little about politics.

      Delete
  3. Echoing others. Not milder. A wannabe Trumpet et al in the making. I see that yesterday she said (among other stupidities) that Australians want a leader like Putin. Not this Australian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, no, I don't think we want a Putin in Australia, although I can see why she would say that to appeal to certain demographic.

      Delete
  4. You missed Insiders!!!! It should be on the ABC still. She might sound as though she knows what she is talking about but get her in front of Barrie Cassidy and she's dead in the water.
    It's like watching an old tape recorder looping back on itself.
    She has a script in her mind which is okay until someone asks a question that isn't in that script.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jah Teh, only so many hours in the day. We had brunch to do. You are smart to succinctly put into words with what I see of her in media.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous11:07 pm

      Jah Teh you are my hero. You are SO RIGHT. We are having a State election in WA this Saturday and I heard her being interviewed on radio this morning. She said she resported (this is a new word to me, a hybrid of respect and support I think) Putin. When the interviewer mentioned some of Putin's past actions/behaviour she said there was no proof. She advocates removing payroll tax and says to make up the lost revenue we should run cheaper prisons. WA prisons are already very overcrowded and rehabilitation programs are rare. She says removing payroll tax will result in more jobs but could offer no proof/modelling that supports this. Her WA candidates are a very odd bunch - they include a Pastor who advertised for Bikini Baristas to work in his imaginary coffee shop. And James Ashby's political history does not lead me to believe he is a reliable person. Her Party is expected to get 9% of the vote here and may hold the balance of power. Oh goodness gracious me. Marie

      Delete
    3. Thanks Marie. The mind boggles at a Pastor and Bikini Baristas. As someone said above, Ashby was a nasty piece of works.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous11:47 am

    Ashby is a nasty piece of work. He had Pauline deserve each other. The voters don't. After her Insiders appearance, I'm surprised she wasn't with her new best friend forever, Vladimir (he didn't push the button) Putin. Birds of a feather and all that. - Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian, I agree about Ashby, the nastiest bitchiest queen you could imagine.

      Delete
  6. Here's what to do with that white powder. Tip it INTO the toilet, flush, rinse out the bag and throw that away too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, no, not at all flush it. I insisted R put it the rubbish bin. The drugs that humans take ends up in our sewerage system and then our waters via the expulsion of human waste. It is a big problem.

      Delete
    2. I didn't think of that.

      Delete
  7. Doesn't surprise me you came across the powder, I bet the person who lost it is rather cross about it...however, it's good someone like you found it!
    It appears you had a good day out 'shopping' and eating.
    Pauline Hanson, a bit of a worry sometimes, but isn't it just wonderful she can walk about and not be attacked - yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, no, no surprise given where we live. I am sure the powder would be worth some significant money.

      Yes, good that our politicians can walk freely.

      Delete
  8. That was an exciting day drugs and a dopey politician.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, at our age, a bit tiring too.

      Delete
  9. Blimey imagine finding that on the pathway.. you made me laugh describing your urge to get out the card and cut the deal 😀 As Marie above said we have state elections this weekend, I think Colin Barnett made a huge mistake even tenuously linking himself to the female equivalent of Trump.. Hanson is a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I wonder how well her party will do in your state. People are very discontented in your state, I think, and federally.

      Delete
  10. I do love her latest candidate, the ningnong that thinks that homos are made by using Nazi mind control while they are asleep. From what I remember of Andrew's yoof, he was never asleep. He must have caught it from some other bloke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not aware of him Jah Teh. He should ask Ashby about the Nazi mind control. Of course I slept. I am disciplined person.

      Delete
  11. Firstly, just get rid of the packet and its contents if you've not already done so. The toilet seems to be a likely spot to be rid of the contents. Or, if you don't wish to do that...wait for a windy day, find a spot where there are no other people and let the powder blow away on the wind...then, perhaps burn the bag. Evidence all gone.

    As for Pauline Hanson...I reckon she's got a great figure for a woman her age. She is very trim; and that was most noticeable when she appeared on "Dancing with the Stars" a couple or so years ago. She seems even fitter these days.

    Presently, there are not many bright sparks in any of our political parties, no matter what side of the fence they're on or sit upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, apparently drugs are polluting our waters, even after being processed by the body, so I just threw it away in the rubbish.

      I agree with you about Hanson. Pretty good for her age, but I think she is heading for some serious worry lines on her face soon. There are a few quite good politicians, but they are all so heavily controlled now.

      Delete
  12. Maybe it was my little baggie ;)
    Ha ha, they all taste revolting btw, no matter which way you consume them. Someone told me this btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you crying at the awful waste Fen?

      Delete