Wednesday, March 08, 2017

A Womb with a View

It is International Women's Day. I rather like women, just not in a lustful way. Salts of the earth are all the women I know, in both real life and on the net. They are wise and clever and have done stuff and do stuff, and know all all about humankind, but best of all, they are funny. They are witty and amusing. J'adore.

One would like to think that in Australia, overt sexism, racism and homophobia are problems from the past but it is not so.

The former New South Wales Premier announced his retirement. It was for family reasons. We all know what that means. I expect Trump in the US will have many of his appointments retire because of family reasons.  Maybe Trumpet himself will retire early because of family reasons. Fingers crossed.

Without argument a woman, Our Glad, was chosen by the party to be the Premier of the State of New South Wales. Even though she is a Tory of the conservative Liberal Party in Australia, I don't mind her.


I enjoyed reading this, especially about the historical wandering womb that travelled around the female body. You can read the full article, Womb with a View, by Annabel Crabb here. This is a snip.

The new News South Wales Premier, Gladys Berejiklian, was questioned during her first press conference as to whether she thought her childlessness was a professional handicap.

Happy International Women's Day, chickee babes.

19 comments:

  1. Loved Annabel's article. Of course.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I was quite gobsmacked at the the snip that I inserted above.

      Delete
    2. Remember Julia being accused of being 'deliberately barren'. Hiss and spit.

      Delete
    3. Slipped my mind, but a very good point.

      Delete
  2. Crikey ..... I'm sure glad I haven't got one of those womb things wandering around inside me. Mum loves that Annabel Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie, it would be a terrible concern if you did have one of those womb things.

      Delete
  3. Sadly this wave of nationalism that caught fire in the UK has spread all over the world. I, too, love women and I would have loved it if America put one in charge of things here. But we're more impressed by celebrity Twitter feuds, horrible hair, and xenophobia than any such things as qualifications, temperament, and experience.

    Also, what is a "conservative Liberal"? This is an oxymoron to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, you are right to be confused. The Australian Liberal Party is not at all liberal and is a conservative party, along the lines of British Tory Party and your Republicans. Confusing? Yes.

      Delete
  4. Annabel Crabb is my hero, she is a master of wordage and all with a mischievous twinkle in her eye. She should run for the top job, she knows her way around politics and policy. I'm horrified that the new NSW premier was asked such an irrelevant question, I wonder was it a male reporter asking the question? Meanwhile I bumped into Colin Barnett today, so glad he didn't ask who my vote was going to 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, Annabel is always entertaining but never cruel. It would not surprise me that the question was asked by a female journalist. When you say bumped, do you mean deliberately and with your elbow out?

      Delete
    2. No, quite accidentally Andrew.. if I'd known he was going to be there I would have gone in the opposite direction 😀😀

      Delete
  5. Thump in the US will have many of his workers retire because of family reasons. And the opposite will also be true -I think Thump's family will retire because of work reasons. If a man is vicious at work, would he be sensitive towards his family?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, it is not often I think such a thing about people, but I don't think Trumpet has a kind bone in his body, or thought in his head. He is worse than Thatcher.

      Delete
  6. I'm a Conservative/Liberal, too...and I don't mind me...I don't mind Glad, either. She sounds like a clever, level-headed woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, she comes across to me as a quiet achiever. I simply must learn how to spell her name. I still can't spell your Premier's name.

      Delete
    2. The correct pronunciation of "Palaszczuk" - Qld Premier's name is actually "Pala-chook"....no joke.

      But somewhere along the line she and her family decided to go upmarket and it is now pronounced "Pala-shay"!

      Delete
    3. Joh once fed them and now you have one.

      Delete
    4. We certainly have....I can't stand her...she annoys the whatsits out of me! ;)

      Delete
  7. Loved Annabel's article. No kids and you can't possibly care enough about the corresponding issues, have kids and you can't be fully present because your mind is at home?
    Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
    Yet men are somehow fully qualified no matter what their status. Mind boggling really.

    ReplyDelete