Tuesday, March 07, 2017

A brief mystery

I wondered what these frames laid out of the roof of the building next door were to be used for.


Ah, they have been hung over the side of the building.


These box things were slid into the frames and some electrical wires were run. This last one was a tight fit so some high tech equipment was needed. A block of wood was placed on top of the stubborn last letter and it was then given a good whacking with a hammer until it was driven into submission.


While we have not seen it illuminated, this is the new signage.



That was a post saved for a rainy day, but then more happened. All the letters were pulled out and I guess electricians got to work.


It is rather ridiculous to have these repetitive labels. 





And the Lord said there will be light, and there was. The sign now lights up at night but at some point go off during the night. They are not on at 4am but are by 5:30am until dawn. I wonder if there is an issue that the lighting shines into the highrise building, a road and a building along.

13 comments:

  1. Thought I would stop in briefly and answer your question about our Pearl Theater. At one time long time ago it was the Catholic church and then it was some (in my opinion) nutty religion...I've been in there and it far from an religious place...Actual it fun place to go....Hope I will have to stop by later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good Dora. It was hard to tell because of the cross on top.

      Delete
  2. Off at 4 a.m. On at 5:30. Does this mean you are not only a high riser but an early riser?:) Heh heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandra, very witty, but it is the joy of shift work.

      Delete
  3. back again...who know what going on...but it would be nice if they would put some type of planets on top of roof.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora, planets? Planters?

      Delete
  4. Love the high tech fix. I have been tempted to use hammers and brute force more than once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I have and at times it works.

      Delete
  5. I was thinking similar thoughts as Sandra! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Lee, I can see the lights reflected from my bedroom window when I am still in bed. Hey, I was looking for some sympathy!

      Delete
    2. I wrote it sympathetically, Andrew!! lol

      Delete
  6. I thought you was going to write they shine in your place. Must be not too good if they do for anyone that lives in the signs view especially if blinds are open in the night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, that is interesting. Lights on other buildings have in the past and I assume complaints about light pollution were dealt with by the council and turned off. I expect the odd on/off times are to do with neighbouring buildings.

      Delete