Sunday, February 12, 2017

When the doves cry

My, what an interesting pair of hot water heaters. You will probably have to embiggen the photo to see bird mess at the foot of the hot water heaters.


I never thought much about what I thought were white pigeons hanging around the former Albert Park Manor. They seem to be always hanging around, even during the rear demolition, renovations and extensions. It was very determinedly their home.

As they don't mix with pigeons, I guess they are doves. Neither are my favourite birds in the world. They must be admired for their adaptability though. They decided this pair of hot water units were an ideal place to live. It did not take long before the tops of the units turned white from their mess. 

Along came a man and put wire netting from the top of the hot water services to the ceiling above. I felt sad for the doves. They were hanging around, perhaps staring wistfully or even tearfully at their former home from which they had been banished.  

Not quite. They were plotting. Now they drop down into the glassed area and make their way in behind the hot water units. Perhaps they will have a family there. Warm, sheltered. How could it be any better.

I can see better using the photo than my naked eyes. I didn't notice anyone sitting in the flat when I took the photo. "There's Gladys Kravitz on her balcony again with her camera".

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They'll be fine, Gosia.

      Delete
  2. The problem with birds - poop.
    I've often wondered what would be the point of a balcony that just looks onto another building, instead of a fabulous view, but I guess it's a good place to get a bit of sun and/or have a few pot plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, yes, they do indeed. Not argument from me about a balcony with a view.

      Delete
  3. I've never seen a set up like this before. Most people has a room which there heater, water value, hot heater and of such set in.
    Our is the basement....Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora, our units are mostly outside. I guess it is to do with the weather.

      Delete
  4. Crikey Andrew ..... Mum reckons your place is like a movie she once watched, many years ago, with Jimmy Stewart in it. She loved Jimmy Stewart. It was called Rear window. Did you ever see that movie?? Do you know what Gladys is up to with that camera? I'm going to head over there and check her out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie, I have seen the movie, and my memory is hazy.

      Delete
  5. They are very clever birds ! They will always win !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems like it, Gattina.

      Delete
  6. Not very smart! You'd think they'd choose an ice factory. That's where I think I'll set up camp until summer is over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, the way it is here at the moment, they need the warmth.

      Delete
  7. So where is this view from Andrew? The same balcony that you can see the harbour from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, yes. Yes, Port Phillip Bay and my header photo are all what we can see from the balcony.

      Delete
  8. Such a peep you are, on those below you. Here we howl if a highrise apartment goes behind our low level house or duplex, because of privacy ended. On another note, I got new neighbors in dead Jack's house, and they're very quiet and very nice. They even have a cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, good to hear about your neighbours. Further away from the city such a building as ours would not be allowed. I would argue that our building should not have been allowed.

      Delete