Saturday, February 18, 2017

Jussy goes to Washington

It is hard to believe that two countries with a similar heritage could be so different as Canada and the United States are. Civilising French influence in Canada? I think not, and besides the US had its own French.

Correct me if I am wrong but the eastern side of Canada is kind of French and the western side, kind of British, with what is in the middle a bit of everything. While we only saw some west and central, there is no doubt in my mind that British Columbia is the province to live in......if you can afford it. Toronto is ok too, but oh the extremes of weather.

While I am hardly qualified to comment, that never stops me. Canada felt very calm, organised and civilised to me. The US felt chaotic and just hanging together by a thread. I expect it has been like that for a long time and will continue to be so, yet still remain the most important country in the world.

The leaders of the countries are very different too but hey, they did not come to fisticuffs when Jussy visited Washington. Misplaced perhaps, but I suspect Jussy might have felt a bit sad for Trump and the way his presidency is panning out. I bet Jussy also felt a bit superior.


I was brung up proper like, part of which was to never negatively comment about someone's appearance and generally I don't, but worse than Trump's hair is his mouth, tiny with pursed lips. He almost makes ole bluejaw Nixon look reasonably handsome.

22 comments:

  1. I wish the US would be civilized enough to elect a man like Justin Trudeau. (well, we did about 8 years ago...and the other half responded with this lunatic.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, through no fault of his, Barack was an underachiever but now with some understanding of Obama Care, he did improve things.

      Delete
  2. I love Canada and have visited many times, but always during the northern summer. Perhaps the good French citizens of Quebec would have been more riotous, had they been in a hotter climate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Hels, you have rels in Quebec.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous10:05 am

    President Turnip makes George W Bush look like an intellectual giant. And Ronnie Ray-gun the new Einstein. I almost long for the good old days." Almost. - Ian

    PS At least Ronnie knew what an Evil Empire was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Ian, be careful what you wish for. At least now everything Trumpet is doing is in our face and not behind the scenes.

      Delete
  4. Chalk and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simply and correctly put Victor.

      Delete
  5. Justin Trudeau is so handsome and smart...yet another reason to envy Canadians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, while I do focus on Jussy's good looks, I don't have a great understanding of the US and Canadian connection. That you say another reason to envy Canadians is interesting.

      Delete
  6. As far as I'm concerned, Australia is the most important country in the world, because I live here. Second is Canada where so many great TV series are filmed in their oh-so-gorgeous countryside, mountains etc. I could look at Justin all day. Trump? that's nightmare territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I am thinking much more than just looking at Jussy. I knew little of Canada before we went there. I know more now. It is a great and diverse country. As you say, the scenery is unbelievable and can change dramatically in minutes.

      Delete
  7. Pity this big mouth ignorant guy, no thank you ! He is a dictator and now furious because people have an own opinion ! The quicker he leaves the better it would be for everybody, the "great" America included ! Canadians and Australians have a far more closer mentality and education to the European world, than America. The last time I was there (I have been at least 10 times there) was in 1997 when my American aunt died. At that time America was nice, still talking about freedom, but most of the things were not allowed, lol ! But I loved it very much. Now I wouldn't say that ! I am rather very disappointed !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, American people seem to be able to talk so well, yet if they have to talk about the world, they know nothing. That Trump was elected shows it is a troubled country now.

      Delete
  8. The camera or maybe it's the photographer 😊 does not love the chump. Sometimes rather plain people look fabulous in photos and vice versa..I suspect it's chumps ugly inside that translates on the outside. Young Trudeau on the other hand, the camera loooves him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, which category of fabulous do we fall into? I think you are right about Chump. Ugly inside. I really don't know how well Jussy is performing as PM, but by golly, he looks statesman like compared to Chump.

      Delete
  9. Loved all the jokes showing them together!!! Justin has class!! He did his homework and wasn't prepared to stand down to the bully. Even the handshake was planned!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, I suspect many of your country men and women are feeling a little smug as the disaster to your south proceeds.

      Delete
  10. At least they have the escape clause of the 25th amendment of the Constitution. We only have the hope of a knife in the back by a disgruntled wanna be but then the next PM up is Barmy Joyce, even worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jah Teh, whatever the 25th is. Gawd no, not Barmy.

      Delete
  11. Ah but Justin is SOOO handsome. Obama too was handsome and stylish. Trump is a let down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, I hope you aren't like me and had impure thoughts about Jussy.....less so for Obama. It would be just curiosity for me.

      Delete