Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Australia seaside tourist hotspots

If you visit these capital cities in Australia, these are must see places, in order of importance.

Melbourne has St Kilda Beach. Catch a tram to get there.


Sydney has Manly Beach and Bondi Beach. Catch a ferry to get to the first, catch a train and then a bus to the latter, if you can squeeze onto the bus. Maybe better to get a bus all the way.



Adelaide has Glenelg Beach. Catch a tram to get there.


Perth has Fremantle. Catch a train to get there. Also Cottesloe Beach, catch a bus.


Darwin has Mindil Beach. Catch a bus to get there. Hundreds do, to see the spectacular sunset. Don't be a dick like me and ask the bus driver to tell me when we arrived at Mindil Beach. The very full bus emptied at the bus stop.

Brisbane is a bit inland on the Brisbane River. I don't know where people would head to a beach there, and the waters at a beach there could have nasty stinging things. Educate me! Is Fortitude Valley the tourist hotspot in Brisbane?

The same with Hobart. It too is on the Derwent River. I suppose you would say Salamanca Place is the tourist hotspot, but there is no beach.

These are all my photos taken from my blog and do not represent the best of what you will see.

Later edit: At Brisbane's Southbank is a constructed beach and from the photos I just looked at, it seems great.

18 comments:

  1. How I wish I had been in touch with you before my trip to Australia. You cant beat insider information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Marie. After visiting Perth last year, I can tick off every state capital and the Federal capital.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous7:04 am

    Brisbane - southbank beach is a man made beach near the river in a beautiful park land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anon. I just took a look at some photos and it looks terrific.

      Delete
  3. For starters....


    http://www.travelonline.com/brisbane/attractions/south-bank.html

    http://www.mustdobrisbane.com/outdoors-beaches-bay/suttons-beach-redcliffe

    http://redcliffecoaches.com.au/tours/redcliffe/

    http://www.scarboroughbeachresort.com.au/

    http://www.visitbrisbane.com.au/information/articles/nature/best-beaches-in-brisbane?sc_lang=en-au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee, there are some very nice spots, it seems.

      Delete
    2. There are many, Andrew.

      Delete
  4. Crikey Andrew ..... skip all of the above ...... just come to Noosa. We have the BEST beaches. AND ... added bonus ...... you could get to run with ME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Beautiful Noosa...and Sunshine Beach...when only the best will do! :)

      Delete
    2. What a tempting offer Charlie.

      Lee, I am detecting some bias here.

      Delete
  5. When we lived in Brisbane we drove down to the Gold Coast to see the beach. Once only. It was a grey day, but even without sunshine we could see how dingy and grubby it all looked, kind of tacky, and never went back. This was back in 1971, I suppose it has been cleaned up and refurbished by now, at least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I really liked Surfers Paradise, to my surprise. It is not so tacky now.

      Delete
  6. You have some truly lovely spots to visit.
    Hope you're having a wondrous day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, a bit warm today after some cold, 36 degrees, into the nineties in your money.

      Delete
  7. Scarborough Beach, Trigg beach, Whitfords beach.. we're a bit spoilt for fabulous beaches over here Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, yes, I thought of your Scarborough when Lee mentioned the Scarborough in Queensland.

      Delete
  8. Very hard to beat the Manly ferry journey so I would usually recommend Manly Beach over the Bondi Beach option.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, maybe it is an age thing, but I wouldn't bother much with Bondi anymore. A ferry trip to Manly is compulsory for every Sydney visit.

      Delete