Saturday, January 28, 2017

My not so favourite newspaper

Dear, The Age.

Who is this seductress? She looks intellectual with her black glasses and would be quite a challenge for a straight male to get into the cot, but once she is there, she would go off like a frog in a sock, or something like that.


I don't know if it is a supplied photo with her approval or not, but it is such an inappropriate photo of Victoria's Children's Commissioner, Liana Buchanan. At the very least I will say that The Age has inappropriately used this photo. I would be horrified to learn that the photo was used with Ms Buchanan's approval.

I was reading the story here at The Age, but after seeing the photo, I became very distracted. Can you imagine a male Children's Commissioner with a similar look? I can imagine. Hehe, we know why he is in the job he does.

12 comments:

  1. Disconcerting article. Problems everywhere.
    Hope you are having a good weekend, Andrew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra. I wonder if I am seeing something no one else is.

      Delete
  2. Newspapers can be malevolent in their choice of photographs to illustrate a story. I suspect this photograph is cropped from a larger one which conveys a quite different image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, that is fine when it is someone you don't like, such as The Abbott. You may well be correct about the cropping.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear. I hope she didn't approve that photo. If she did I worry. Big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, surely she would not have.

      Delete
  4. Perhaps it's the best available photo, but if that's the case, why not take a new photo that better portrays her position?
    I'm guessing that one is her choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I suppose we will never know. I thought the photo might have taken down but it was still there yesterday.

      Delete
  5. 'Frog in a sock' 😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies








    1. Grace, I don't know where that came from.


      Delete
  6. Yes it is a strange photo indeed for such a story. Its strange to me that when women do good things often it is their clothing, whether stylish or not, or their looks that is the story instead of accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, I am guilty of that but I do it with men too.

      Delete