Monday, December 05, 2016

Musical Monday

Joining with River for Musical Monday. She at times has good taste in music. At times she has bad taste in music but isn't music such an individual thing?

I have posted this clip before but it was over five years ago. I quite like the bearded hipster look and it's interesting to note bearded hipsters were around 36 years ago. The only difference is no cheesecloth with the current bearded hipsters, yet. What a shame Cat Stevens got religion and changed his name to Yusuf Islam. I've just remembered, Cats in the Cradle is probably his most popular and well known song. I must look at that clip. Note in this clip that his tousled hair is actually quite stiff. It was probably given a good spray of Richard Hudnut. Cat reminds me a little of Fen's beau.

10 comments:

  1. The beat and the guitar picking are very reminiscent of Cats in the Cradle in parts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I still haven't listened to Cats in the Cradle, but I will get to it.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous11:28 am

    Too bad after he converted, he became very anti-gay and supported the fatwa against Salman Rushdie. I enjoyed his music way back when, but I have no time for him now. - Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Ian, that was very disappointing.

      Delete
  3. He wrote some good songs way back then.
    Morning Has Broken is one I rather like plus I have two of his music albums so I can play his music when ever I feel like it on my piano of guitar..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, I think that was his first hit here and I had forgotten about it. Yes, he was quite good.

      Delete
  4. That has a soothing, gentle feel to it in spite of the subject. I haven't heard this before, not that I remember anyway, but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I have a feeling it was a 'B' side track on a single, but I am not sure which single.

      Delete
  5. I used to listen to Cat Stevens long ago, then came his religious awakening and down the tubes goes his music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, once that happened, I don't know that he ever had another hit, if he did pursue a career in music.

      Delete