Thursday, December 29, 2016

I was sitting at the tram stop at RMIT. Ok, There were plenty of trams I could catch home, but I just sat for a while, judging people. Yes, yes, no, no, yes, maybe, perhaps on a desperate night. It only happened a couple of times, where I said to myself, oh yes, oh yes, please. Take me, marry me. I want to have your babies. One of my school teachers once told me I had a good imagination. Not sure that I am putting it to good use. I didn't leave women out either. The highest compliment I could pay would be that, she looks interesting. My judging of men is much more base.

I think that while in this world there are some stunning looking people, ninety percent or more are just average looking. I being among the very average looking can take solace in the phrase, the bigger they are, the harder they fall. I never had far to fall and so looking older does not worry me overly much. Being too big around the girth does though but are skinny old men that appealing really? Oops, a blog mate's husband who we have met is older and I shall say he is trim and slim, not skinny.

It only remains for me to insert a picture of a good looking man and/or a woman, or both. I need to think about this. Personal taste is important but I don't really have personal taste in men so far as skin colour, blond or dark, hairy or smooth or whatever.

Ok, I lie. I like Latin looks. Smooth skinned and coffee coloured. Black haired and with a Spanish or Portuguese accent. Madonna has excellent taste in men. But really, I like a lot of looks, from cute blonde to punks, to Asian guys, to (get your dictionary out) scallies. Oh, and then there are African Americans with huge appetites and huge.....whatever. Imagine being 'bothered' by them in the middle of the night, constantly. Stereotypical yes, but a nice thought.

That is all quite instinctive, but what about women? I become much less superficial and look for quality but still attractive.

13 comments:

  1. You are making me feel old. It is a long time since I have judged people in that way. A very long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, so good to hear you don't shallowly judge and are not impressed by physical beauty. But I will say there has to be a basic physical attraction at the beginning of a relationship.

      Delete
  2. Ha Ha, "take me, marry me, I want to have your babies"
    I've thought that about a few men in my time. If I think back about them now, I'm probably more glad I didn't do any pursuing. Who knows how they've turned out in the years since?
    Scallies isn't in my dictionary, you'll have to explain that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, oh yes, the consequences of lust can be ongoing. It is a bit interesting to dream of what things might have been. Chav, scally, almost the same as a bogan.

      Delete
  3. Interesting!
    Can't say I look or more like it no one has appealed to me in the way you say - nothing wrong with me :) No one stands out I suppose, never has, ah, but one - always liked the look of Paul Newman before he became older.
    Older people look better if they have a bit of weight on then, well that's my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, so you don't see a nice looking, young and interesting bloke in the street and just wonder what it might be like? I agree with you about older people. Newman was very nice looking when he was young and even well into his middle years.

      Delete
  4. Never do I see a nice looking young man whom I would fancy....one hasn't come my way as yet but I'm sure one will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really are a dear, mentioning me in that last paragraph.
    You all know my preference, grey hair, longish and green eyes, must have sense of humour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jah Teh, while it goes against my instinct, you are close to the mark.

      Delete
  6. I don't know if it's because so many of them are homophobic or what, but these days I rarely find myself turned on by straight males in a real life setting (as opposed to seeing them on TV or in the movies) no matter how good-looking. I have to know a male is gay ahead of time before my mind and my hormones wanders in that direction.

    Like you, though, I have no clear "type", only that the broader the shoulders and the bigger the chest the better. I prefer a trim waste to a fat around the belly, and a cute face to a plain one, but I've jumped into bed many a time with chubby, plain-looking men and have enjoyed the experience. If anything I'm LESS picky with men. I used to see myself as more of a bisexual, and the female did have to have a certain level of excellence in order for me to get turned on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, I was more like you when I was younger, but now I can find straight men very attractive. Yes, some of the best sex can be had with those without super looks or bodies. I can no longer be picky at all.

      Delete
  7. I don't have a type, in men or women. I often find myself amused at who I am attracted to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, if I have learnt little in my life, aside from thinking someone is nice looking, the chemistry is not a science and cannot be explained.

      Delete