Monday, October 17, 2016

Recommended link

From Janine at The Resident Judge of Port Phillip.

https://residentjudge.wordpress.com/2016/10/16/spotted-in-melbourne-16-october-2016/

How could anyone in the United States possibly vote for him. Clinton may not be your favourite, but she is the only person to vote for.

Well, this person is not up for election but is born to rule and the Crown Prince of Thailand is about to become King of Thailand after the former much loved king died. The Crown Prince is widely disliked in Thailand, for many reasons but you will never hear about or read about his shenanigans in Thai media. Thais learn of the Crown Prince via whispers and overseas media. The crime of lese -majeste is taken very seriously in Thailand The late king's oldest daughter has huge approval because of her devotion to good works with charities but the succession must be male. What rubbish. Lordy, the UK was not a great place to live under various monarchs and in its different guises, and it is only in our grandparents time that woman received the right to vote, but at least a woman could become a reigning monarch.

I give you the a photo taken at Munich airport of the Crown Prince of Thailand who is about to become the King of Thailand. Respect? Pretty good drugs, I reckon.


20 comments:

  1. Many years ago, my father attended a lunch with his father. And I got in heaps of trouble at Primary School for saying that 'my daddy was having lunch with the king'. The teacher held me up as a liar (and was forced to apologise the next day).
    And yes, the apple does appear to have fallen a long way from that tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, so who were you referring to as king?

      Delete
    2. Sorry, I wasn't clear. Thailand's recently deceased king came to Canberra and to a lunch at the ANU.

      Delete
    3. EC, ah, ok. A little claim to fame. He went through Duntroon, so I guess he is familiar enough with Canberra.

      Delete
  2. Maybe he could 'clean himself up' in 12 months! Maybe not!
    Cathy

    Cathy @ Still Waters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I expect he will play the part, and the Thai media will stay silent on his future 'errors of judgement'.

      Delete
  3. Bring back Reagan He may have been harmless and now dead but better that way than Trump in anyway.

    The Thai playboy, is not a fit person for the job.
    totally unreliable..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vest, I have only recently learnt that some good things happened under Reagen, but they are not outweighed by the bad.

      Delete
  4. I didn't really know about Thailand's next king, but it looks like he is as useless as Donald Trump ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, he is not as evil as Trump, just a self indulgent prince.

      Delete
  5. Goodness is that really the Crown Prince? Don't get me started on Chump, the man is despicable! I was honestly amazed to read that he has actually been to University.. from the way he articulates I would have thought not!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I am disappointed that he is so bad. I thought that perhaps if he was in power for one term, he would shake up the system in a way no other politician could and with only one term he could not do too much damage, but he is just too ridiculous now to even think that.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous8:58 am

    A late correction if I may. She is the king's second oldest daughter. The oldest daughter gave up her royal title after she married a foreign commoner and is no longer in the line of succession. - Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ian. It was a line I thought of checking, but I did not and I did actually know that, but I had forgotten.

      Delete
  7. Perhaps the tattooed, dropped pants wonder will be king in name only, guided by the more suited sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, as he is delaying becoming king, I wonder if some behind the scene negotiations are happening, where his sister might to the hard yards while he is the figurehead.

      Delete
  8. What are you on about, he looks fabulous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, and I might dress the same in my mind. I would love to. But one does reach a certain age where such things are just sad old man stuff, and women too for that matter.

      Delete
  9. Oh gosh, That, is their crown prince? Oh my. We all want the election over here. It is frightful that we end up with two such candidates but the one is so much worse than the other. Everyone is groaning and wondering how this came to be. Another debate between them tonight, for which there is a collective cringe and hope Trump doesn't pull something horrible or violent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, we want your election to be over here. We are sick and tired of it and Trumpet. Even Clinton is getting on my nerves now.

      Delete