Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Myer, I am pissed orf

I looked at our Melbourne department store Myer's website and apart from a phone call, and I hate phone calls, there seems to be no other way to contact them to complain. I want to send them a written message, either via an email or a contact form, but after looking at their website, I can't see any way, aside from a written letter or a phone call. Maybe Myer has a Twitter account, but too hard. I just want to complain and my complaint to receive attention.

About what you may be wondering? The mens try on clothing cubicles. Raggy old curtains that are difficult to pull across to give privacy and almost without any qualification, clothes hanging hooks broken, to the point there are none and horrible wire chairs with missing feet that means they bang against the wall if you try to use them. This is really not good enough for Melbourne's premier department store and goodness knows, we have spent a lot of money at Myer over many years. As a regular customer, I deserve better.

Hopefully Myer media monitors will pick this up. If Myer is not paying for media monitors, they damn well should be, and don't put it past me to write a letter.

19 comments:

  1. I experienced some great changing rooms recently at Westfield Miranda in Sydney. Target and Big W, they were both brilliant. Everything was where it needed to be.

    If it didn't involve putting my tights, dress and cardigan, plus my boots back on, then returning to the fitting rooms, taking them all back off, and then putting them all back on again, I would have gone out and picked more things to try. I chose my outfit poorly for trying things on because I did not realise I would look for swimwear, but I chose brilliantly for looking awesome. :)

    I checked the Myer website and also could not find any kind of contact email or contact page. So it is not just you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snoskred, that is really interesting and Myer is falling well down. I know you are smart about matters of websites, and so it was not just me who could could not find the contact point. I am really going to write a letter while I have the time when I am off work.

      Delete
  2. Good luck.
    They do sound like decidedly down market changerooms. Which doesn't fit the image Myers tries to project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, exactly. We expect better.

      Delete
  3. Don't like Myers much at the best of times.
    Merle........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merle, that is because you are in Sydney and didn't grow up with Myer. We used to call it Myers.

      Delete
  4. Myer is always behind the eight-ball with online stuff (and changing room maintenance too it seems).

    The women's fitting rooms aren't this bad. That's discrimination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayne, yet I do like the store and usually the staff too.

      Delete
  5. Possibly because men don't try n stuff as much as women, but that's really no excuse is it. I don't like Myer for a totally different reason which won't be broadcast here. Or anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How intriguing, River. I think it as you say and men apparently 'care less'.

      Delete
  6. I complained to them, via twitter and they responded fairly quickly. Condescendingly, but a response nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, I am not very good at Twitter. I should make an effort.

      Delete
  7. Looks like they have a Facebook page, perhaps complain there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You tell them, and take photos and make them change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, next time I am there, I will.

      Delete
  9. You tell them Andrew, and while you're at it, mention that the mirrors in the ladies change rooms are appalling, if they want to sell more clothes they need flattering mirrors ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, you want a carnival mirror to slim you down? I bought a shirt when I was at Myer, a good brand, and while I know I am not slim anymore, XXL. How can that be.

      Delete
    2. Grace, you want a carnival mirror to slim you down? I bought a shirt when I was at Myer, a good brand, and while I know I am not slim anymore, XXL. How can that be.

      Delete