Friday, October 28, 2016

ABC Country Radio

While we were travelling, as is my want, we listened to a number of different ABC radio stations. While I happily offend Macca as being being tired, old fashioned, offensively red neck and an obvious Liberal Party supporter, I don't like to offend people who do their job competently but there was an experienced long time broadcaster who I heard and he was not at all to my liking. It was Sunday morning, I think, in southern NSW.

Our ABC has many local radio stations all over Australia and each no doubt are tailored to suit to their audience, so as a visitor to the area, my judging of broadcasters is judging from the outside. Nevertheless, I think our ABC needs to bite the bullet at times move some people on. While I don't like rapid fire radio, I like it nicely paced. Not too slow and not too fast. The rest of the broadcasters we heard I thought were quite competent but there was a stand out.


Late in our trip, I heard a first class weekday morning broadcaster on ABC Riverina local radio and I have learnt her name is Anne Delaney. She was everything a good broadcaster should be in that timeslot and I rather selfishly wish she would move to ABC Melbourne.














Speaking of our ABC, Iview for internet tv watching worked well for us over our road trip. The similar apps from commercial tv did not and I go as far as saying they are frustrating to the point of being unusable.

10 comments:

  1. I don't know Anne Delaney but suspect if she is as good as you say the Riverina will lose her quite quickly to one of the capitals. And almost certainly Sydney or Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No EC, I have heard from an authoritative source that offers are rejected and she is quite content where she is.

      Delete
  2. I'm taking particular note of your final paragraph and deciding that if I ever (ha ha)go caravanning or campervaning, I will bring my laptop and several flashdrives full of movies and/or TV series such as The Blacklist, my current favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, we packed heaps of dvds to watch on the van monitor screen, but did not watch one. Blacklist? I am about to google.

      Delete
  3. Cheers for the ABC. WE have the best breakfast announcer in Spencer Howsen.http://diane-adventurebeforedementia.blogspot.com.au/search?q=ABC+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, he looks ok.....how shallow am I. I will have a listen to him. That I can do so is one reason why our ABC is to be treasured.

      Delete
  4. Andrew please make your font bigger it makes it easier for oldies to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to fix that before posting and apart from making a fully new post and retyping what I had written, I could not fix it. It was because I had copied and pasted something.

      Delete
  5. No, you can't have our Anne Delaney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you sure about that CM?

      Delete