Saturday, September 17, 2016

Selling my soul. Single X rating

I don't know what you, dear reader, will make of this. I have sold my soul to commerce for a small amount of payola. As you will know, I don't have advertising on my blog and I quickly delete any comment that appears to come from a commercial source. I have not had one of those for a while, but oddly, I just had one promoting a company that assists you to protest against a property development you have issues with. It was deleted.

So when the owner of a local adult product online shop contacted me about collaborating on a post for my blog that would promote his business, I just ignored it. But oddly I did not delete the email. Clearly something was going on in my head. I quite like to write about sex (lordy, there was a time when I liked doing it), but I restrain myself in my writing to protect the morals of my virtuous 60 odd year old female commentators and I have to remember, many people have links to my website on their website. I never blame anyone if they don't link to my website. But along with buildings, daily life, Youtube videos and other stuffs, I am still a sexual being. I think there may be quite a gay readership of my blog too, though not many gay men comment.

When I was younger with a very healthy sexual appetite, I occasionally visited sex shops. At times it was both of us. The only one around for gay men in the 1980s was The Beat Bookshop in Greville Street, Prahran. It moved to Commercial Road in the 1990s. Commercial Road was then a very gay strip in Melbourne up until the early 2000s. It is not now, but Beat Bookshop is still there. I have not been inside there for nigh on twenty years. Another opened in Izett Street, Prahran and lasted a few years, but it too has closed now. Eagle Leather in Hoddle Street is another that still exists.

But I then had a look around the website of the person who emailed me. I was really was very impressed. (Am I sounding like I have been got at yet?) The prices are similar to what you would would pay in the US for such products, unlike here in Australia where we are ripped off all the time with huge loadings for such products.  The product range is extraordinary. If it is not sold by this online shop, then it probably doesn't exit.

Are you now a little aroused and wondering what you might buy at such an online shop? Maybe you are shaking your head in disgust at me talking about sex and sex products? C'mon. Sex is basic human behaviour. You can do it with someone or do it on your own. So, take a look if you like ladies and gentlemen. I just broke up laughing at the name of one of those inflatable life sized dolls, Allie McSqueal.

Just be grateful I did not include photos in this post. Some of the photos really leave you wondering where things fit and what they do.

21 comments:

  1. I thought for a moment you were going the whole way to display an advertisement but as always you remain tastefully short of the margins of indecency.

    I haven't opened the link for fear that I might be exposed to heterosexual images. I might come back to it. 😇

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, you will reasonably safe with the men's link.

      Delete
  2. Allie McSqueal? Big smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I assume that is squeals with delight.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:22 am

    I wish I could be so lucky and be contacted by one selling gentlemen's accoutrements. All I get, even after all these years, is young women, mainly from Russia it seems, with singularly large (ahem) chests who clearly wish a romantic entanglement of some description and a chance to live a new life away from the frozen tundra. Why I fail to receive emails of inquiry from young Asian men with similarly large chests (hello gym bunnies) and bubble butts is beyond my understanding.
    Never mind, I have my hands full at the moment providing assistance to young Nigerian men who are having difficulties extracting their millions from various bank accounts. There are so many of them. Maybe I should put them in contact with the Russian ladies. On reflection I will. It is my Christian duty blah blah blah. - Ian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ian, Facebook still hasn't worked out I am gay. Your and my examples are a pretty good reason not to trust too much in technology yet. The Nigerian men may be able to show you their gratitude personally??? I understand a certain beach side area in Thailand is now overrun with Russians.

      Delete
  4. I'm well impressed with the shapes and bright colours of the vibrators; haven't we all come a long way (thank god!) from the 80's when we had to be invited to a 'lingerie party' to even get a glimpse of one of those outside an adult bookshop lol.
    There was a shop in Central Vic that was infamous for still stocking pads & tampons in brown paper bags on their shelves well into the late 1990s...god only knows what they'd have made of Ally McSqueal *snort*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jayne, I had no idea that other things were sold at a lingerie party. Truly. Well, I though maybe lacy knickers or similar. I read something or heard something the other day about women's products in brown paper bags. I wish my mother had used brown paper bags. 'Mum, you cut yourself. There is blood running down your leg'.

      Delete
  5. hmmm virtuous? female? over 60s?
    I don't think so :)

    Just one warning. Look at that young woman in Italy whose life was ruined because she stupidly put her own private films on line and was relentlessly hounded by strangers. She lost her job, hid out in another city and finally suicided. Tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, said very tongue in cheek.

      That is an awful incident. Rule one, post all the naughty pics you want but not a naughty pic that includes your face, and watch what is in the background. Face pics, always separate from body pics. If anyone links them, then deny deny deny.

      Delete
  6. That's quite the range they have there, prices as well as styles and colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, did you ever go to a lingerie party? Is it true what Jayne says?

      Delete
    2. I did once go to a lingerie party and it was just lingerie. Silky, lacy, all colours, but all clothing. Just as well too, I was sixteen and had never heard of vibrators etc.

      Delete
  7. I need to get an inflatable doll for my single 32 year old ultra Christian nephew. He's unable to connect with a girl, partly due I think to his fanatic beliefs. Maybe for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, don't bother. He will have one already, although it could be worn out, so perhaps he does need a new one.

      Delete
  8. Haha! 'Seduction Wand' 😀😀 I remember going into an adult shop a few years ago with one of my best friends who was trying to spice things up a bit, we had such a laugh.. few people in there trying to look 'invisible' 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, turning it into a big joke is one way of covering embarrassment. I guess a seduction wand is not something to wave in front of someone's face to seduce them.....or maybe it is.

      Delete
  9. Perusing the "Gentleman" link, I see it sells "rings". Without going into too much detail, I've seen them on other gents, and often thought about getting one myself. But they're more pricey than I would have thought. If it didn't fit or was too uncomfortable or something, I wonder if I'd be allowed to return them and get my money back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, size is important with rings and I have made a mistake in the past with buying too small. I don't know about returns. I expect the owner of the site would happy to offer advice.

      Delete
  10. As a sex therapist, I applaud this post. However I will not click your links until I am no longer on my work computer!! Even though I only have 3.5 days left here, I do not want to risk it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise, Fen. I have looked at other online stores but really, this one beats them all.

      Delete