Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Queens of communication

No, that is not me, but it could well be. There are various ways I can contact friends and family, telephone, SMS, Face Book message, email and Tweeting. The younguns don't do email but SMS and FB works for them, or even a phone call. ABI Brother is phone call only, as is Mother, although I have sent an SMS message to her landline a couple of times which was read out to her by dismembered voice. Tradie Brother is very slowly become a bit tech. He can read SMS, just not reply to them and he does FB on his phone, but not very actively.

Like family, friends are similar and there are various ways to communicate with them. Funnily we mostly communicate with Brighton Antique Dealer who is 81 years old using SMS.

I have various ways to communicate with blogmates in private, depending mostly on them and their preferred communication. Email is probably my preferred means, but SMS is ok too but that is usually if I am meeting them.

But there are two queens of communication in my life who I communicate with via all means. Take a bow Fen and Victor. Email, SMS, Twitter and Facebook, they are there, along with blog commenting too. A few others are close seconds.


15 comments:

  1. oh darling cameraface you know I am all over the place, just with never the same name in any 2 websites. Just here from Twitter where I love to vent my spleen on issues, then to Farcebook where I am jenni ology stalking my family in the time I have spare after indulging in my 83 Pinterest boards ...
    email is my communication preference. I hate the idea of interrupting anyone by making their cellphone ring. who can know what they might be in the middle of? Having said that, I absolutely cannot figure out my smartphone? Sony xPeria FFS. comedians. I can however, create a 58-page .PDF [learned how, just last weekend by helping a friend submit coursework]
    and FenStarDeluxe? she does it all as well as the cats and career.that woman is a time-management maestro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the lovely Annie. Phone, tick. SMS tick. Twitter, tick. Email tick. Blog comments, tick. But where is your Face Book? And which guise will it be in? Just ask to be added to my personal Face Book. You won't see pictures of me because I am the person who takes photos of family and friends.

    Je suis adores Fen. Rather like her bloke too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha he is rather lovely!

      Delete
    2. Of course Fen. We all need a slave to bring us chai latte to work.

      Delete
  3. No Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.. just Facebook, which I hate, my mobile is just for calls and texts. Oh yes I nearly forgot, Skype, my gorgeous famille in Sydney.. and emails. Blimey, I'm not doing too badly 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Grace, you are only Twitter short.

      Delete
  4. Andrew I love email and FB so one I will write to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fail on the communication front. Blogging, and blog comments. Email. Phone if I have to. SMS ditto. Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe we need to up the game and add whatsapp or something similar ;)
    *curtseys*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, yes I have that too and was once convinced to use Kik. One of R's teenage nephews somehow found me on Instagram, which I only use for stalking, and sent me a friend request. Scary.

      Delete
    2. I have Kik, but don't use it, not sure why I kept it. I like Telegram.

      Delete
  7. I communicate through text, phone and email. I message on facebook but not on my phone since it uses data and its my brothers phone. So many people fb message on phone though, I may ask if I can sometimes, to my brother. He has ten lines, data shared by all, and I have one of his phones since otherwise I can't afford any phone at all. I don't want to pig his data though. You get to have a phone, I'm not going to mess with the details of having a phone. Calls and text, that's enough for me, rather than no phone at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, your brother sounds like an ok bloke. The data allowance on my phone is tiny, so I mostly use wifi where I can.

      Delete