Friday, September 23, 2016

Camping

Our campervan trip becomes nearer, in early October. There is a series of short videos to explain our van to us. The vehicle should be an auto diesel Mercedes, the Britz Ventura. Sorry about the strong Kiwi (New Zealand) accent. They are all about 1 minute or less. Well, not the first, which is not so interesting. Although they are brief, I don't really expect you to watch all of them. No matter how much I googled, I could not find out these basics until I found the links on Britz website. Dealing with the water, sullage and lavatory somewhat concerns me.









That put paid to my plan to steal power from family and friends. Things have changed and we may only be with such for two nights. We could buy an adapter for $90 that smooth out the 10 amp household supply to the 15 amp caravan, but we deemed it not necessary.



As you may have noted, while we have to be plugged in to charge the batteries every couple of days, I expect this could extend to three days without being plugged in, and all that won't work from the batteries is microwave, air con and power points. We have a kettle that we can use for tea and coffee.















16 comments:

  1. Andrew I am waiting for a lot of photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosia, as usual, I will post photos once I return.

      Delete
  2. The prof wants to hire one of these. I have resistant...i suffered badly with caravan holidays with my parents in the 1970s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I understand your worries, but they are so cool and modern now. Do it for The Prof.

      Delete
  3. Have fun. And yes, photos will be required.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, never let you down with photos, although maybe overload you at times.

      Delete
  4. I keep saying that I am going to salary sacrifice a motor home before I retire in readiness for my grey nomad years LOL. Have fun catching up with blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, is that what salary sacrifice is about? I've never really understood it. R tells me we create a monster, with him perhaps wanting to buy one and travel Australia. Oh dear, I like being home, mostly.

      Delete
  5. Have a safe a wonderful trip. Can't wait to read your great adventure.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dora. You sure will hear about the trip.

      Delete
  6. Going to be a bit of a learning curve eh?
    I hope it will be a lot of fun and you two have a wonderful time.
    We're expecting lots of photos :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, a very steep learning curve. I think we will, once underway. The videos are very helpful. Although I've driven an old truck before, it was a long time ago and I've never driven a diesel and I don't have the confidence of youth now.

      Delete
  7. Looks like you'll have all the comforts of home Andrew 😊 Had to watch the toilet video 😊 The New Zealand accent always makes me smile, so odd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, while it is not so noticeable in the far north of NZ, the further you go south, the stronger the accent becomes and in Dunedin, it is almost Scottish.

      Delete
  8. I didn't watch all those. Just get yourself a crappy tent. Or a little van. That's too much to learn for vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, what is this word tent? A noun? I heard an unfamiliar verb today, fishing. Apparently we should do this fishing thing too. I'd better google tent and fishing. Not sure I like the sound of either.

      Delete