Saturday, September 10, 2016

Bits

Shrimp meat chips/crisps? I'll pass, thanks.


Blog Housekeeping: When I changed blogging email address to a a Gmail address, it seems it fixed the problem of people not receiving emails when I comment on their blog. However what also happened was I don't receive emails when two people comment, so River and Grace, don't be offended if I miss your comment if you are a late commenter. There is nothing really that either of you can do to fix that. It is a known problem and there seems a lack of will to do anything about it. As well, Marie's comments always go straight to my email spam folder, but at least I quickly notice them.

Also not for Grace to trouble herself about, but mostly her comments on my blog are immediately repeated. Now I just noticed I double commented on Marie's blog, exactly how it happens to Grace. Marie, just delete the second one if you wish, as I do for Grace's double comments. Odd that it does not always happen.

Mother has settled down at home. She has a sturdy rail to get in and out of the bath for showering. She has a shower chair that sits in the bath and while it is about to end, for two weeks she has paid $6 a day, weekdays, for someone to be in the house while she showers and she regains her confidence. ABI Brother stays with her Friday and Saturday night and he hangs around until she showers in the morning. This photo of Mother on the magazine That's Life is about ten years old, or somewhere in between. She was about 73 kg in this photo. She is now 57 kg. She was reluctant to take Sustagen to build up her weight because of her dairy allergy, but I think I have convinced her to take it. I don't think there is much dairy in the product.


19 comments:

  1. Luckily I do not have any problems to comment your blog have a sunny Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily I do not have any problems to comment your blog have a sunny Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since you changed email address, no problems anymore, but Marie always lands directly in my spam. Probably with all gmail adresses ! She has a local address maybe it's for that reason. It seems it goes all well with your mother !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gattina, I guess Gmail doesn't like Marie's isp. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I am so pleased that your mama has settled at home, and that she is getting the help and support she needs. Love that smiling face too.
    Shrimp crisps? I too would pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks EC. Ad Rad below has not convinced me. He eats smoked eel. Say no more.

      Delete
  5. The shrimp meat chips have been lost in translation. If there anything like the shrimp flavoured chips I remember eating as a kid, I can tell you that they are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Ad Rad, I am not at all tempted.

      Delete
  6. My mum was a smoked eel eater too. Travelled from Port Pirie to Adelaide twice a year just to get some.
    Glad to hear mum is doing okay, I wonder though how tall is she? 57kg seems like a reasonable weight to me, but then I'm only five feet tall.
    I'm especially glad to hear she has grab rails to get in and out of the bath.
    I have a walk-in shower here, no bathtub at all, but as I get older, maybe around 70-75, I will get a grab rail installed in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I think many Europeans like smoked eel. Perhaps they grow up with it. I guess Mother might be 5'8. Yes, walk in shower is best.

      Delete
  7. I'm double trouble Andrew 😋 sorry about that, I wonder why it happens? Shrimp meat crisps will never pass these lips! So happy mum's home, gosh there is a bit of a resemblance there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I look more like my father, Grace. But it takes outsiders to judge really.

      Delete
  8. I'm wondering if the shrimp meat chips/crisps are the same as the prawn chips/crisps handed out with takeaway foods at Chinese restaurants. My kids love those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I like those too. Maybe I should buy a packet to just taste them. I will see how much they are.

      Delete
  9. I now get emails when you comment, never had before. I read that older people should carry some weight, tides us over should we get sick. And I love the excuse. I can cite the research now and feel ok. Glad your mom is home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, it kind of make sense to carry some extra weight if you become ill. Not too much mind. Healthily fleshed out perhaps.

      Delete