Tuesday, August 30, 2016

My most popular post

Most popular by the number of comments, that is. Thankfully my blog has a lot more than these fairly off the cuff posts. For a while it was neck and neck between Time to go Macca and when I apparently insulted actor Luke Halpin who played Sandy in the tv show Flipper. Time to go Macca is now up to 84 comments, and while I normally reply to comments, I have not in every case for that post. There has been a resurgence in comments after Tony Delroy of the radio show Nightlife announced his retirement.  

Seven years after I wrote Time to go Macca, he is still there on ABC nation wide radio every Sunday morning. My opinion from back then stands. He is simply an incompetent broadcaster and should not be employed by our ABC. Melbourne is a bit unusual as we were late comers to Macca. While the rest of Australia, I think, were receiving Macca on a Sunday morning, we had our own local Sunday morning arts programme.

Our ABC has been known to sack hungover radio newsreaders, yet still the bumbling and can't string a sentence together Macca broadcasts on. The programme content for Sunday mornings on the national braodcast radio is not broken. It is the host that should have never sat behind behind a microphone that is wrong.

7 comments:

  1. That's interesting that you are still getting comments. You apparently wrote posts that sparked a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, usually I have a good idea about what will generate comments, but I was surprised about the Macca one.

      Delete
  2. Macca is still on? Sigh. Boring and bumbling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is, EC. I fear when he leaves, the replacement might be worse.

      Delete
  3. I haven't listened to Macca for yonks and yonks. I tired of his folksy style very early on - around the time Australia won the America's Cup, I think - and have tuned out ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor, you are such a long time non listener. We did not receive his broadcasts back then.

      Delete
  4. Ranting conservative radio broadcasts here are highly popular particularly amongst the rural (bush) people.

    ReplyDelete