Monday, August 29, 2016

Birthday night wrap up

Saturday night Sister asked if she and Bone Doctor could stay and look after Little Jo while they went to see a musician at The Palais. What was his name??? Fen went to see him the previous night too. Ah yes, Ben Fowlds, something like that. Of course they could not stay here as Tradie Brother had already booked the spare room at the Highrise Hotel and we were going to a trendy city bar and so could not look after Little Jo. They found a babysitter for Little Jo and were going to stay in Bone Doctor's father's empty flat in Oakleigh, but they found a cheap deal for a St Kilda Road hotel and stayed there instead. Perhaps we should only let people stay for a fee; the room going to the highest bidder. They both made an appearance at the party after the concert, some time after we left.

The fellow guests at the party were interesting. I ask the question, how many hipsters can you fit into one room? Quite a number, it seems, bearded and non bearded. The female partners all looked very nicely dressed and a few quite interestingly dressed. Of course we were right at home among them. What? You doubt me? You are correct. We stood out like sore thumbs. Any cuties? Not that I can be choosy, but none did anything for me, in spite of liking the bearded hipster look. Bar staff were interesting though.

Tradie Brother normally rises very early but he slept until 11 o├žlock. R started making a noise as he did things, to wake him up. TB extolled the virtues of the bed and said he could not bear to get out of it, it was so comfortable. Of course I was well and truly at work by then.

Well, that's about it.

Oh yes, R took Mother home from hospital today. I will visit her tomorrow and at least prune her roses. She seems to be ok.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun times. Hmmm, maybe you should go into hotel biz:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandra, as it is I have to remain polite to guests. If they were paying, I might not be so polite.

      Delete
  2. PS Glad your mom's home. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is home now. Will life settle down for you then? Maybe TB enjoyed indulging a long sleep for once. He otherwise may never get enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strayer, TB probably does not get enough sleep. Yes, things are settling down now.

      Delete
  4. Andew take care and hugs for your mum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you had a night out, and that your mama is home. Sleeping to eleven? That bed must be supreme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I think he may have had rather a lot to drink.

      Delete
  6. I hope your mum adjusts easily to being at home again; she may miss the attention and care she received in hospital. but with new grab rails, a walker and someone dropping in daily, she should be okay. You just need to keep reminding her you are a son, not a slave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, she seems to be ok at home. I went there yesterday and R will go tomorrow. Don't worry, I only do what I feel comfortable doing.

      Delete
  7. Yes, Ben Folds! He was very good, had a great night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fen, maybe my sister is not speaking to me, so I am not sure if they enjoyed the show. I expect they did.

      Delete