Thursday, July 07, 2016

The Contikiast

Fire Fighting Niece has almost finished her Contiki tour of Europe, whereby she visited London, France, Spain, Portugal, Germany and Austria and is now in wrapping it up in Amsterdam. Unfortunately a bug went through the tour group and while I don't know where, she had to have cortisone injection to enable her to properly breath. The photos I have seen don't indicate any illness. Here is what I said a few minutes ago on her Face Book page when she finally posted some of her own photos, rather than be tagged in others.

Terrific photos. I think you are now in Amsterdam. Do get clear about the difference between cafes and coffee shops and have fun, whichever you visit. Don't forget a canal boat tour, if only to see buildings at very odd angles and young men in party boats.

She has a friend in Amsterdam who she will stay with for a few days and then journey on to Britain and stay at least a couple of nights with R's oldest sister as she ricochets from there to London, Scotland and Ireland.

8 comments:

  1. What a trip Andrew! I'm reading a book right now about three characters taking a canal boat from Paris down through the French countryside, sounds so incroyable! Did Ray and yourself do a canal boat trip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, only the canals in Amsterdam, twice. I guess the Danube and Rhine aren't canals.

      Delete
  2. Amsterdam has to be one of the loveliest cities on the planet! Goodonya, Niece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels, not my favourite place. The streets seemed very dirty and I have been there twice.

      Delete
  3. Sigh on the illness front - but it doesn't sound as if she let that stop her having a wonderful time. My smaller portion loved Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC, I think Amsterdam must take time to grow on you. We weren't there long enough.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear about the bug, but glad she is having a wonderful time.
    Will we see photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. River, I knew she would. The photos are only of people she is with or when she has been tagged when out, so not worth worrying about.

      Delete